Metallic Clanking Noise from Front Suspension?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metallic Clanking Noise from Front Suspension?

Metallic Clanking Noise from Front Suspension?

Hi, there is a metallic clanking noise coming from the front end of my 2014 CT200h F-Sport. I know noise issues are hard to diagnose over the internet without any sound clips, but I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

It appears to occur only when my front tires go over sharp bumps, potholes, raised road reflectors, etc. It happens to both the driver's side and passenger's side and is pretty noticeable with the windows down going anywhere between 10 to 30 MPH.

I first thought it had something to do with Lexus' TSB #SB-10062381-2273, however this does not seem to be the case because the dealer is still noticing the sound after following the instructions on the TSB. I have visited several dealerships in my area, and they all cannot resolve the noise issue. Front struts have been replaced (TSB), brake components have been checked, and all suspension parts have been inspected.

This issue also does not appear to be unique to my vehicle. I've received a CT200h loaner (non F-Sport), and it had the same clanking noise when going over sharp bumps, potholes, reflectors, etc. Also, the last dealership I took my car into tested several other CTs in their lot (used, loaners, and new cars) and all were experiencing the same clanking noise.

Is anyone else aware of or have this clanking noise issue? And if so, has it been resolved and how?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Hi I have a 2011 model and mine does the same here in the U.K. going over speed bumps etc. I've had mine inspected many times and everything is still perfect after 70K miles. It looks like it's unique to these models. The only thing I've heard of premature failing is the front strut top mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does it too. I notice it when I cross the bridge down the road from my house.

Strange. Never experienced this, and I also drive a 2014 F Sport.

I had this exact sound and it turned out to be a rock between the front brake dust shield and steering arm

This is exactly what I am experiencing. Going on a driveway with about 1.5 inch sidewalk hump, bumps, roads with fixed potholes, potholes, slightly raised manhole, etc.
    It does not happen on a smooth surface even very close to bottoming out.

It's actually driving me crazy as the noise is getting louder and louder. It's more like a metal to metal sound which for me only happens on the passenger's side.
    I started to think that it is not any suspension issue, and more of a body connection issue?

All joints looks good with 75K miles.
    Strut, Strut Mount, Sway Bar Linkage, and Sway Bar Bushing has all been replaced.

If anyone has a resolution to this situation, please let me know.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)