Weird brake noise
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird brake noise

Question Weird brake noise

Hi all,

I would like to reach out to CT users for their views and share their experiences if they are also experiencing a similar issue.

Whenever I brake, at low speeds, below 12 or 10mph or even 5mph, and brake gently, there is a noise that goes like a rhythmic "tak, tak, tak". It is not the normal braking/electrical noise you get in a hybrid. When I'm rolling down a hill @ low speeds in traffic, it becomes pretty obvious because the click gets faster as the speed increases (while still braking) and decreases when braked harder. It only comes from the left front wheel. The closest sound I could describe would be something like a car with a broken snowchain with 1 of them hitting the side or body of the car so it's pretty audible.

Braking @ higher speeds does not have such a sound, only @ low speeds.

I might be wrong on this but I believe it could be a warped rotor or something on the rotor that causes this. Has anyone else experienced a similar noise that only arises under low speed braking noise conditions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Send back to dealer ask them to check/re-align the disc brake pad support plate.

Mine does the exact same thing. I only hear it when braking and turning right. And I really only hear it if the inside of the car is silent or if i have the driver window down. I took it to the dealer and of course they heard nothing. To me it sounds like when you used to put a piece of plastic or a card in a bike spoke. PLEASE let me know what you find out.

I just bought a 2012 ct200h f sport with 30k miles on it .. It makes the same exact noise

did you happen to get it fixed yet?

same low speed braking ticking noise from drivers front wheel. I havent had time to take the wheel off and mess around with anything yet

Has anyone figured out the clicking noise while braking and had it fixed?

I took mine to the dealer for service and getting them to look at the clicking noise, they called earlier and think it might be the brake actuator but have to do more testing and will call me tomorrow. I hope it isnt bc its out of warranty with only 37k miles and seems like a common issue with the ct200h / prius. Some prius models seem to have gotten a lengthened warranty period on the actuator.

Dealer confirmed it is the brake actuator making the clicking noise. Said it'll cost $3450 to fix. Has anyone else had this issue or had the brake actuator replaced in their ct?

Quote Originally Posted by AdriansCT200h View Post
    Dealer confirmed it is the brake actuator making the clicking noise. Said it'll cost $3450 to fix. Has anyone else had this issue or had the brake actuator replaced in their ct?
    Do you have warranty?

I have same noise problem with my CT200h. When I step on the brake pedal or release the pedal, i hear "squeeze" sound. When I drive downhill and step high pressure on the peda, i hear "click" sound. I am still under warranty. Will the dealership fully cover the cost?
    I just bought the car 1 month ago.

Mine is a 2017 CT and the break actuator needs to be replaced! Think it is a very commun issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From Quebec, Canada...
    2017 CT200h

Brake Clicking

Quote Originally Posted by Palmvim View Post
    Mine is a 2017 CT and the break actuator needs to be replaced! Think it is a very commun issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am headd to the dealer this morning to have brakes evaluated, it is a 2017 Ct200H, with 2650 miles, 3 months old. It just started today, low speed clicking, squishy brake pedal, and when stopped I can push the pedal all the wal to the floor. Gonna find out more about long term warranty on these repacement actuators, if they fail so quickly you could go thru dozens in the normal warranty period.

In reading all the forum comments this has been an ongoing problem from at least 2011, how can Lexus continue having this issue for so long?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)