Garage Door Feature
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garage Door Feature

Question Garage Door Feature

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the garage door opener when the vehicle is off. I have a 2012 CT non-nav.
    Other than not programming the buttons i don't see any way to disable it. My intention is to have it disabled when the vehicle is not running. More of a security feature for getting into the garage if the car is outside.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I don't believe there's a way. The Homelink system is self powered. You would have to rewire the system so that when the car turns off the Homelink system also is off. I think this would also remove all the codes though every time the car shuts off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaps74 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the garage door opener when the vehicle is off. I have a 2012 CT non-nav.
    Other than not programming the buttons i don't see any way to disable it. My intention is to have it disabled when the vehicle is not running. More of a security feature for getting into the garage if the car is outside.
    Isn't this world funny, here I'm wishing I had Homelink in mine and you wanna disable yours!

If you lock your car, I don't see this as being an issue. Someone would have to break into your car to access the homelink. If someone wants to get into your garage, they'll figure out a way in.
    Your average thief will either go straight for the garage or break into the car, but not bother looking at the homelink console.

Unless you have something really great in the garage, I wouldn't worry about it too much, people are opportunists and if there are any real roadblocks, they'll move on to an easier target.
    2012 CT 200H|Premium Audio|Leather Pkg|Remote Start|F-Sport Grille|4300K DDM headlights|2500K Halo Solaris Yellow fogs
    2016 RAV4 SE S-Code

I've never tried it, but I would think the ECU would disable the home link when the vehicle is locked? as far as wiring the home link to cut power, couldn't you sure in a normally open relay interrupting the power to the home link. Use the ignition accessory as the signal wire. Then when power is cut to the ignition, the relay will open and cut power to the home link.
    Only issue I can see with this, is the possibility of the home link losing its programming when power is lost. Again something I have never tried as I have never needed to disconnect power to the vehicle as of yet.

Can you lock or disable the garage door opener itself?
    Woody

2013 RX450h AWD - Starfire Pearl
    2015 CT200h FSport - Obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Can you lock or disable the garage door opener itself?
    That's how to handle it. Lock the garage door control at the opener. Modern ones have this feature.

It's hardwire to the always hot. If you know what you're doing, you can change it to a hot only when car is on fuse. The auto dimming feature is on the hot only when on fuse so maybe just cut the wire fore the homelink and tap the auto dimming wire.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)