Extended Warranty
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extended Warranty

Extended Warranty

I have a 2011 CT200 with 42000. SHould I buy the extended 4 year warranty for $1900.00?
    I have no problems with the car.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't. The CT is rated by JD Power as THE most reliable car of all cars made. Put the $1900 in a savings account.

When I bought my used MINI I paid $2600 for a 3 year warranty and am very glad that I did. MINI has some of the worse reliability stats so that warranty looked like a bargain. I was in the black within six months.

here in the uk i purchased a 2 year extended warranty from lexus that included a 2 year AA pan european breakdown policy for £500 or $750 so for me it was a no brainer as it worked out at £125 or $187 per year for the warranty the rest is for the breakdown policy,here in the uk the lexus labour charge is £110 or $165 per hour so if i have just 1 incident then i have saved money.

I did not buy extended warranty for my '96 MB E-320,,, no need buying extended warranty for Toyota, let alone Lexus

You have to decide what "peace of mind" is worth to you, but I agree that it's not as easy as it sounds. I would be very tempted, based on the cost of repairs. If you don't choke on the initial cost, the peace of mind you get lasts 2 years and you forget about the cost. Assuming the warranty is a good one, it's pretty fun to walk away from an expensive repair that didn't actually cost YOU anything. Conversely, fighting with the warranty provider after paying for it would REALLY a irritate me!

But this is an exceptionally reliable car. I believe I would take the chance that it won't be breaking anytime soon, and save the money.
    Woody

2013 RX450h AWD - Starfire Pearl
    2015 CT200h FSport - Obsidian

I'd only buy an extended warranty if they gave me a steal on the price. At $2k it's not worth it. That much money can be spent on a few repairs down the road. Now if they offered at $500 or less, then maybe...

I got the 5 year windshield warranty on my car because the dealer dropped the interest on my loan to where I save $80 for buying it

I also got an extended warranty that doubles my basic warranty on my Mustang because the dealer dropped the interest on my loan to where it cost me $150.

Extended warranties are thrown out money.
    2012 Obsidian (black), Premium, Nav.

Well with the rate that intermediate shafts are failing on CT's. Out of warranty the dealer quote to replace was $1500. Considering that could be the only thing to ever go wrong then a $2k warranty isn't worth it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)