I sold my CT
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I sold my CT

I sold my CT

After 2 years of driving a CT, I finally made a decision and sold mine. I loved the car and it drove perfectly. But I decided to sell it for an AWD. CT is just too hard to drive in snow. This winter was the worst experience with my CT. But at least I did save on gas for 2 years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Can't argue with that logic if the CT is your only car. When it snows more than about 1 inch I keep the CT in the garage and take my truck.

Agree.. I don't drive our CT when it's snow outside. If I lived in Chicago, I would buy a AWD Subaru XV Crosstrek

I've driven with CT on snow and ice for a while now, and it doesn't feel too bad, but I have real winter tyres on it.

It could have more ground clearance and softer suspension for badly maintained winter roads though, or what do you think?

i drive my CT when there is light snow, and its fine even though i have all season tires as long as you drive carefully. that being said if you are going up a slight hill i have seen the CT struggling abit (TPMS flashing)

when there is any big buildup on the roads the CT stays home and thats when my acura TLX SH-AWD with winter tires comes in

2013 CT200h - premium package - Silver

the car drives well in all other seasons except winter. my garage has a slope to be able to get to the driveway. an inch of snow is hard enough for the car to get traction. i've encountered lots of times getting stuck in the slope with an inch of snow, or even after clearing out the snow. i don't know, maybe it was just me and the CT. but to be honest, i loved the car. it's just bad if you get snow a lot in winter. i've decided to go with the NX F Sport AWD.

What kind of tyres were you using? Obiviously NX AWD will be much better

Were you using winter tires on your CT? I can see the CT being problematic even with snow tires due to its low ride height.

The NX F Sport AWD will probably be a lot of fun. Too bad the hybrid isn't available with the F Sport package.

I use winter tyres on my CT and I don't hesitate to go out in 2" of snow. Thicker snow is no trouble either, since the authorities in my country do a good job of keeping the roads clear. My tax euros are spent well.

Trading a car instead of buying $400 worth of tires doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)