Steering Clunk
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Thread: Steering Clunk

Steering Clunk

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a used 2012 CT200h and I had a couple questions. When I back up and turn the steering wheel or taking a turn slowly I feel a light clunk. Is this normal? It's not audible, just a feeling in the steering wheel. Second question, when I break to a full stop occasionally I'll hear a pumping sound, sort of like when ABS is activated but I didn't brake abruptly. Just a normal stop. If anyone can give me any insight that would be great. If this isn't normal then I'm going to bring the car back to the dealer since it's still under warranty. TIA!

Last edited by gizmo83; 12-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Same steering problem with my car. Service department immediately deemed it dangerous to drive and would not allow it to leave the service area. Steering shaft replaced. Google 'prius steering recall'.

Thanks for the quick response. Made an appointment with the dealer.

The second item that you discussed is the brake vacuum pump and is normal. But I agree the first thing does not sound normal at all.

I started up the car and before putting it in gear if I turn the steering wheel from Center to left and back to right I hear a clunking noise. I can reproduce it every time just by turning the wheel.

yes. there is a clunking sound. my car is with the dealer now, being fixed.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

After months of torture with this noise its finally fixed. Got my car back after 2 and half weeks at the dealer. This was the third and final time I tried getting this problem fixed before I lemoned the car. Here is what the dealer found. It turned out to be something loose inside of the steering column. I know others have had this issue so heres the info. I just hope it doesnt come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Horne View Post
    After months of torture with this noise its finally fixed. Got my car back after 2 and half weeks at the dealer. This was the third and final time I tried getting this problem fixed before I lemoned the car. Here is what the dealer found. It turned out to be something loose inside of the steering column. I know others have had this issue so heres the info. I just hope it doesnt come back.

2.5 weeks at the dealers??? holy crap. did they provide you with a temporary car?
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Horne View Post
    Took them an hour to diagnose the problem with the steering and 2 weeks for the parts and repair. They provided a fuelled up replacement car immediately for the duration. But then, considering my fully loaded CT is priced in Australia at almost US $60 000, I wouldn't of expected anything less.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)