Steering rattle
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steering rattle

Steering rattle

Developed an irritating rattle that seems to be coming from the steering rack when going over rough roads. Also when I turn the steering wheel back and forth there's a 'knocking' sound. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm loathe to bring it back in again as the car has spent a total of 19 days in the shop over the past 2 years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I've heard a metallic rattle every once in a while, but it's so infrequent that I never really bothered go under the car to look for it.

I'll keep an eye out next time I hear the noise.

Wow, no never. Giving that it's the steering, I would take it back right away.

Thanks for advice. Bought car in for inspection and deemed dangerous to drive. Parts being ordered. New 2014 CT provided for length of repairs. By the way, new super fast hard disc based sat nav system with digital radio and modern graphics on this 2014 car is brilliant.
    They've also seemed to have ironed out the dash rattles that are chronic in my 2011 and the soggy foot rest!

Steering shaft replaced. Back on the road.
    Now clocked up total 27 days in the shop.
    Looking for that legendary Lexus reliability.
    Looking......looking......waiting.

Sorry to hear you had some issues. At least it was under warranty right?

30 days out of service or 3 repairs that fail to fix the same serious problem is usually the magic number to trigger the lemon law in many states. Just search lemon law in your state to learn its requirements.
    2012 F-Sport Special Edition, Tungsten Pearl, Ocean Blue. Bulbzilla H11 to H9 harness and Philips H9 low beam bulbs, Visormates.

In Ozland our consumer laws are stuck in the 1930's hence no lemon laws and ridiculously high car prices.
    Anyway, I've had a toyota for the past 15 years. The cars are not faultless, but you do appreciate them as they age and remain workable and reliable. Their service is the best I've experienced.
    Lexus always provides a fully fuelled car, free electronic toll tag (I spend $20/ day in tolls), good communication and reasonable service costs.
    Each time my loyalty strays (BMW, Honda, Nissan) I learn my lesson and come back to the brand.
    Although I have to admit the new Mercs look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Miop4000 View Post
    In Ozland our consumer laws are stuck in the 1930's hence no lemon laws and ridiculously high car prices.
    Anyway, I've had a toyota for the past 15 years. The cars are not faultless, but you do appreciate them as they age and remain workable and reliable. Their service is the best I've experienced.
    Lexus always provides a fully fuelled car, free electronic toll tag (I spend $20/ day in tolls), good communication and reasonable service costs.
    Each time my loyalty strays (BMW, Honda, Nissan) I learn my lesson and come back to the brand.

Although I have to admit the new Mercs look good.
    Miop 4000: Australian Consumer Laws are not back in the 30's - perhaps you are .The Australian Consumer Law

On 1 January 2011 the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) commenced.
    The ACL includes:
    • a national unfair contract terms law covering standard form consumer contracts;
    • a national law guaranteeing consumer rights when buying goods and services;
    • a national product safety law and enforcement system;
    • a national law for unsolicited consumer agreements covering door-to-door sales and telephone sales;
    • simple national rules for lay-by agreements; and
    • new penalties, enforcement powers and consumer redress options.

Exclamation

Hi yeah we notocied some juddering when hard braking or going over rough roads/terrian certainly does not feel 'right' and we have one year warranty from the dealer, its a 2011 model at 99000kms, so expecting some minor repairs on the way

will try and get a good video recording of the problem and open up a new thread

all best

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)