Aftermarket Navigation
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket Navigation

Aftermarket Navigation

Hello all, This is my first post here. I recently bought a 2013 CT200H. I did not get the navigation cause I didn't like it and it was like an extra 4k. So I went to see about having one installed here in CA and all the shops I have gone to said they can't do it. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Just my two cents bro..... I've been using a garmin mounted on the bean bag style holder and placing it where the mouse controller for the nav would have gone. It works surprisingly well and doesn't move although I realize its not as clean as an in-dash/GPS setup,I mainly focus on the audio directions. The stereo guy I'm working with now said he might be able to install a 6 inch alpine double din but would have to see how much of the center console would have to be cut in order to fit it. I have seen at least one other thread here where somebody had a Kenwood I believe installed. I myself am having the factory unit upgraded with new speakers,amp,and sound deadening and am anxious to see if the sound quality is improved enough. If not, I'll probably be in the same boat as you attempting a all in one unit later. Hopefully there are some stereo manufacturers working on an aftermarket solution pretty soon. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by ct200hca View Post
    Hello all, This is my first post here. I recently bought a 2013 CT200H. I did not get the navigation cause I didn't like it and it was like an extra 4k. So I went to see about having one installed here in CA and all the shops I have gone to said they can't do it. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks
    Use a decent android phone with Google Maps. Connected via bluetooth to the non-nav audio systems works like a charm and always up-to-date maps. Cost is practically zero if you use a smart phone with data anyway. Plus, it is portable... I'm using google maps version 6.14.4 and love it. My older Samsung S2 (rooted with android 4.1.2) fits in the Electronic Device holder perfectly.
    Last edited by kalo925; 07-24-2013 at 05:39 AM.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

True, I gotta give it to Android. The google maps on android is way better than apple ios.
    2011 Lexus CT200H Black/Eccrue

for the money you can't beat your phone as navigation.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

is there any offline map app? or navigation app?

if so, maybe an ipad mini or nexus 7 permanently mounted would be a good idea.
    I have been considering doing this with a nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by hdave View Post
    is there any offline map app? or navigation app?

if so, maybe an ipad mini or nexus 7 permanently mounted would be a good idea.
    I have been considering doing this with a nexus 7
    Sygic works well on an android device that has GPS ( ie smartphone). I guess if you had a tablet that had GPS you could you is on that. You can pay around $30 for the program or find it for free if you know how to D/L apk files and put them on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaps74 View Post
    Sygic works well on an android device that has GPS ( ie smartphone). I guess if you had a tablet that had GPS you could you is on that. You can pay around $30 for the program or find it for free if you know how to D/L apk files and put them on your device.
    thanks for the tip!
    i'll test it out on my phone, then my friends nexus 7

the Lexus navigation is garbage. it provides you with the most un-optimized routes.
    My old Garmin Nuvi is so much better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)