ECO Mode removing EV too soon?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ECO Mode removing EV too soon?

Question ECO Mode removing EV too soon?

Hi everyone,

I'm picking up my CT 200h tomorrow and I can't wait!

I have one question though and I'm not sure if it's my bad memory or if something is different with the car I'm buying as opposed to the one I had on demo.

When I'm in ECO mode and I accelerate, it kicks me out of EV mode when the "rev" dial gets half way in the ECO band (at the word ECO). In Normal mode, EV goes all the way up to the line just before Power.

When I was driving the demo, I was in ECO and I'm sure that EV went all the way up to Power and didn't kick me out half way in to ECO band.

My question - is it normal to kick you out half way in ECO mode and go all the way up to Power when in Normal mode? How long does your EV mode stay on when in ECO mode?

Temperature is good, a warm sunny day, and the car had been driving for about 10 minutes.

Many thanks,

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It's not the position of the eco needle but rather the throttle position or pedal position. If you floor it off the line Eco will shut off instantly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thanks for the answer.

I'm very careful with putting my foot down, it's probably only about 20-30% down but it seems to always cut off half way.

After noticing this the first time, I tried my best to keep my foot light as possible just to see if it was me or if it was the car but it always cut off at the same place.

It's not the position of the eco needle but rather the throttle position or pedal position. If you floor it off the line Eco will shut off instantly.

Many factors determine when the engine will go off EV mode, such as temperature, throttle position, road speed, etc. Usually around 70 kph is the fastest you can go in EV mode and up to 2 km.
    2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

Hi Boldlygo,

I was only going about 5 mph which isn't fast at all.

Perhaps I should just check it out tomorrow.

Does yours go up to the power line in ECO with EV on?

Fwiw ..... I avg better mpgs in sport mode 24/7 comparing my gas receipts in 24/7 eco mode

As for the ev button, I usually use that in traffic or in a shopping mall parking lot, seems to keep the ev mode from shutting off sooner than the usual threshold

How long does your EV mode stay on when in ECO mode?

A piece of black insulation tape over the ECO mode light
    should fix all your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by c_cousens View Post
    Hi Boldlygo,

I was only going about 5 mph which isn't fast at all.

Perhaps I should just check it out tomorrow.

Does yours go up to the power line in ECO with EV on?
    I've seen it go up to the power line, but I never run in ECO mode - I'm usually in Sport mode unless it's bad weather.

2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)