ECO Mode removing EV too soon? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ECO Mode removing EV too soon?

lol prosperity...

Yeah, in the demo it always seemed to stay in until the Power Line unless I was too heavy footed.

I just took ownership of my car today and I even tried on a downhill with a feather light foot and it still kicks me out at the word ECO (1/2 way through the ECO band)

Frustrating... Would be great if it worked as the other demo did and yours...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Best trick is to use Sport Mode. Once the engine is warm it'll allow you to go into battery mode at up to 40mph if you go light on the pedal.

I recently bought a used CT200H, 2012. Out of curiosity I am continuously watching the energy consumption.

The arrows shows, energy going to the battery is more than the energy coming from the batter (to wheels). As I start in the morning, even when the car is completely stopped, energy consumption shows 30L/100km for couple of minutes.

Also, sometime battery does not do anything, Just engine sends power to wheels. I expect, battery to do the job, and take engine support only when needed. Is that not the case?

I have been driving so carefully, giving very little gas pedal, Mostly on cruise and ECO mode, almost no brakes (My daily driving has very little traffic, no signals) Mileage is just 6.3 L/100Km. Lexus advertise 4.5L/100Km

I am doubting the credibility of the battery. Should I check with dealer?
    Last edited by yempi; 03-28-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MrCelloBoy View Post
    Best trick is to use Sport Mode. Once the engine is warm it'll allow you to go into battery mode at up to 40mph if you go light on the pedal.
    I have mostly used my ct200 in Eco Mode and I averaging close to 50 MPG. I am curious about your statement and have 2 questions

1. Would I get better MPG at Sport mode than the Eco mode ?
    2. Would I be able to use the battery upto 40mph in Sport Mode ? I have been able to use the EV (battery mode) upto 25mph in Eco mode

Hopefully I dont sound stupid

According to the manual:

"In EV drive mode, it is possible to drive up to about 1/2 mile (1 km) if driving at a speed of about 25 mph (40 km/h) or less."

Did you push the EV mode button or let the CT auto switch to EV mode? I was told that if you let the car auto switch to EV mode (like at stops), it will disengage EV mode sooner (on the eco meter) than if you actually hit the EV mode button to go into EV mode.

Hi lostchild,

I let EV mode engage automatically while I'm in ECO.

If I don't engage EV manually, it disengages 1/2 way up the Eco band (where the word ECO is).

If I engage EV manually, it disengages when I go in to the Power band all the way up at the top.

The strange thing is that with the demo I had, it always disengaged at the Power band for both manual and auto EV mode.

Was the demo and your car the same model year? same packages? Just wondering if that may have something to do with it. You might also check to see if there has been a flash for the computer that maybe yours has not gotten (or vice-versa).

It does sound strange that one would behave one way and another would behave differently. It would have to be something different in the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Was the demo and your car the same model year? same packages? Just wondering if that may have something to do with it. You might also check to see if there has been a flash for the computer that maybe yours has not gotten (or vice-versa).

It does sound strange that one would behave one way and another would behave differently. It would have to be something different in the computer.
    Actually no.

My car is the 2011 while the demo is late 2012 (December).

Is there any way I can determine the different versions?

Thanks for the idea, I'll certainly bring that up with Lexus when my car is in next week for them to fix up the few scratches that were on it when I bought it.

Just explain it to the service manageer and see if they have a flash update for the 2011. If not, then I'd have to believe that the 2012s came with a slightly different program that explains what you have seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)