Unreal Current Mileage
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Current Mileage

Unreal Current Mileage

I am not sure if I am getting over excited but I can swear today that I saw 61MPG in the current mileage. I am posting the picture of the 57.8MPG that I captured

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unreal Current Mileage-ct200h-mileage.jpg  
    Last edited by c_dilip; 03-27-2013 at 12:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'd say these occurrences are normal. From looking at the fuel gauge, I'd assume that you observed this soon after you have refueled and filled up your gas tank. It is quite natural that your engine was fairly warm before you filled your gas. So once you resumed your journey after fill up, the mpg computer got reset (it get's reset automatically). The warm engine did not need restarting for some distance driven and fuel consumption showed zero. Once the engine restarted as you picked up speed, the mpg computer did a calculation of distance traveled since reset and the gas consumption so far, and showed a really high value.
    These short term occurrences are rather anomalies and should be common observation in my opinion. Your average consumption will be better reflected as you travel farther when the actual combination of battery and gasoline engine usages reflect your driving better.

Quote Originally Posted by c_dilip View Post
    I am not sure if I am getting over excited but I can swear today that I saw 61MPG in the current mileage. I am posting the picture of the 57.8MPG that I captured
    I hate to burst your bubble but that means absolutely nothing. I've seen 99.9 mpg in that readout before. Current MPG is worthless. If you want real mpg then do than manual calculations after each fill up since the computer MPG is about 2-3 mpg higher. Most CT owners are averaging 40-45 mpg. Some lower and some a little higher.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I see that after every fill-up. It is nice to see, but once you get more miles on that tank of gas, it definately goes back down to the 40ish MPG range.

Yeah, at least you aren't claiming a rediscovery of the new world with a smart phone shot of a freak mileage readout. I think the long term readout on my car is about 45 or maybe 46. That is right for me. I try to do better, but never manage to get much more.

KKM
    One of the great things is the CT is getting better then advertise mpg. The Ford C-max, Fusion, and other hybrids have gotten bad press for their overly optimistic claims.

Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    One of the great things is the CT is getting better then advertise mpg. The Ford C-max, Fusion, and other hybrids have gotten bad press for their overly optimistic claims.
    Not every CT owner gets the advertised MPG. There are many owners that get far less.

I see the current MPG stabilizing at around 52-53MPG. I commute 46 miles a day

Mine is stable right at 46-47 on the display, which is about 44-45 real life. I am anxious to have it warm up to the 60s and 70s to see how much that will improve things.

Mine is about 41-43 on the display which is 38-40 real life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)