What I don't like (like least) about my ct200h is....
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What I don't like (like least) about my ct200h is....

What I don't like (like least) about my ct200h is....

...the fact that the navigation system is too stupid to understand which of my two phones I have connected to bluetooth media.

I have to stop, manually switch to whichever device I want for bluetooth audio, then drive off. The system isn't smart enough to understand that the device I have paired for phone use is the same device for media!

/rant

What about you guys? Certain gripes or concerns? I've got a bunch but this is the one that got me today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

The Lexus/Toyota bluetooth is not as user friendly as other bluetooth systems I've had experience with. I just don't like the fact that I have to press the talk button every time I want to give a command. And how do you adjust the volume on that thing?

That's my biggest gripe after 7000 miles. Guess all said and done that is really not a big deal - this car has been solid,

There are a bunch of these threads on here already. While they are interesting to read through once (you can find out issues before they happen to you) I would imagine just about everything has already been covered in the other threads.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
    ...the fact that the navigation system is too stupid to understand which of my two phones I have connected to bluetooth media.

I have to stop, manually switch to whichever device I want for bluetooth audio, then drive off. The system isn't smart enough to understand that the device I have paired for phone use is the same device for media!

/rant

What about you guys? Certain gripes or concerns? I've got a bunch but this is the one that got me today.
    Not to perpetuate this, but do a search for: "Absolute worst feature" and you'll find more gripes people have with their CT.
    2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium-Tungsten Pear/Water Gray Leather
    Premium Audio, HDD Navigation, LED Headlamps, Illuminated door sills, Preferred accessory packages.

Yea i think thats a staple to find the worst features for just about any car, i do agree the car should allow the phone to toggle the source on its own switching the audio source like BT Speakers.

To this day thats really the only thing i dislike about the Ausio System.
    2012 Star Fire Pearl
    Ct200h Premium F-Sport

Previous
    2006 350Z Rev-up BSP
    2004 350Z DE BSP
    2002 350Z DE BSP
    2001 Tiburon GT BSP

Lexus enform apps (ie pandorA) are horrible

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Just to add quickly to the dogpile,I actually use a garmin GPS with the bean bag holder in the blank spot where the factory GPS mouse should be(works surprisingly well and I have no visual distractions on the dash).The other gripes that come to mind are no center armrest/cup holders in rear,blind spots from large headrest(I keep my rear seat folded partially to help with this),and sun visors that are worthless when swung to the side(my 99 accord had a plastic slide out extension that worked great for this).lexus should consider this on future models or an aftermarket co could tap into this design flaw. A blind spot monitoring system seems almost necessary on this vehicle.

Post Mirror Adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Justwingingit View Post
    Just to add quickly to the dogpile,I actually use a garmin GPS with the bean bag holder in the blank spot where the factory GPS mouse should be(works surprisingly well and I have no visual distractions on the dash).The other gripes that come to mind are no center armrest/cup holders in rear,blind spots from large headrest(I keep my rear seat folded partially to help with this),and sun visors that are worthless when swung to the side(my 99 accord had a plastic slide out extension that worked great for this).lexus should consider this on future models or an aftermarket co could tap into this design flaw. A blind spot monitoring system seems almost necessary on this vehicle.

is a matter of adjusting your mirrors correctly.

It is just a matter of adjusting your mirrors correctly and using them. Here is one article: How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver There are many! One the benifits of having a hatchback is learning how to and to actual use your left, center and right mirrors.
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Back of the car is dirty... all the time. One minute after a wash, BAM dirty. Any solutions.
    2012 Ultra Sonic Blue CT200h Premium F-Sport Appearance PKG NAV w/ Premium Audio: "The Blue Bomber" R.I.P. They took you to soon...
    2012 USB CT200h Premium F-sport Appearance PKG Non-NAV w/ Premium Audio: "Blue Bomber II"

Back of the car is dirty... all the time. One minute after a wash, BAM dirty. Any solutions.
    Nope. Been discussed on here many times. The only thing that I do that works is use my California Duster every single time I drive the car. But that only lasts until it rains once because then the dust turns to muddy water marks and then the duster doesn't work any more until I am able to wash the car again. My car's black too which looks great clean but is the WORST for the dust.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)