What I don't like (like least) about my ct200h is.... - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What I don't like (like least) about my ct200h is....

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by leonar40 View Post
    Oh man, here we go on this again. There are literally hundreds of threads dedicated to this topic on car forums all over the internet. Just type it into Google and read to your hearts content. The bottom line is that if used correctly, the California Duster is safe. That is, you lightly swipe it over the surface to pick up loose dust. If you use it to try and CLEAN the car, which means you push down with force, go in circles over the same area for an extended period of time, etc, then of course you have turned it into a hand sander. LOL
    I must confess, my duster was brand X that my son gave me as a birthday present. It was really coarse and would scratch the paint even in a straight up and down motion. I used it once or twice on a black car just to satisfy my son. Some of my car club members use California Dusters and they are always filthy dirty -- but they swear by them.

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium-Tungsten Pear/Water Gray Leather
    Premium Audio, HDD Navigation, LED Headlamps, Illuminated door sills, Preferred accessory packages.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Some of my car club members use California Dusters and they are always filthy dirty -- but they swear by them.
    Ya, off brands aren't the same. And I'm not sure why, but the dirtier the thing gets, the better it picks up dirt. That's their slogan actually "The dirtier it gets, the better it works". Unlike most slogans, it's actually true!

Texas -> 2011 1M, 2013 Boss 302, 2011 X5 Diesel, 2013 CT F
    The effective range on the front and rear parking sensors is so short. On my BMWs they have much more range and a really intuitive display. I find myself not using them: I get chicken way before they report an obstacle and get out of my car and visually inspect. The backup camera image is redundant with the parking sensors - would have appreciated top-down view like on my X5.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
    I drive this route everyday, takes me a solid 1 hr and 5 mins...every day. Today, I punched in the address...the Navi tells me 2hrs and 11 mins. ROFL. 80 miles. Equates to 37mph...
    I had this problem before and discovered in the navigation settings that you can change projected speed on surface streets and highways. Mine was set very slow and time to destination was way off. Look for those settings and that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I've owned one black once and I said never again. They are beautiful, but so much work.

My Lexus guy said that people get a big thrill on two days of their ownership of a black car - they day they pick it up and the day they sell it.

HAHA! That's a good one. It's not really that bad. The black just looks sooooo good when it is clean, I think it forces you to clean it more often. Right now my black CT is filthy dirty thanks to the rain we had earlier this week.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by prosperity View Post
    My Lexus guy said that people get a big thrill on two days of their ownership of a black car - they day they pick it up and the day they sell it.
    Same thing is said about owning a boat.
    2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium-Tungsten Pear/Water Gray Leather
    Premium Audio, HDD Navigation, LED Headlamps, Illuminated door sills, Preferred accessory packages.

Thanks midcow3 for the tip on blind spots. Ironically,just before taking the family out today I adjusted my side mirrors to see more of the approaching traffic. It does take a little getting used to but beats the hell out of being squished.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)