2011 ct 200h does not start
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 ct 200h does not start

2011 ct 200h does not start

This is the second time this has randomly happened...the car does not go to the ready mode, no green light...lights, radio etc seem to work, but car does not start...45 minutes later it starts???

lexus roadside came over yesterday, 45-minutes after the second non start in about 6 weeks, and it started up ??? tech said the battery had a bad cell, showed me the tester, and replaced it...

anyone ever expreience this...2011 ct 200h, nav etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

No but I am very interested in hearing about the battery replacement. I was under the impression that if there ever was a problem with the hybrid battery that the whole pack would be replaced, not one cell at a time. How many miles do you have on the car? I've heard of this combination of battery and drive train lasting for over 200k miles on Prii (more in some cases) so overall I am very surprised that you are having a hybrid battery problem.

OP are you referring to the hybrid battery or the 12v battery?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ah good point, I assumed he meant the hybrid battery, but after reading it again I'm sure he meant the 12V battery. All Toyota hybrids have a fun feature where they won't start if the 12V battery is discharged, even if the hybrid battery is fine. That happened to my wife's Prius once at the airport parking lot. Now we carry a portable jump starter with us wherever we go.

I'm having a similar problem to my 2011 CT Premium. This morning was the first time it did not start. Lights on the dashboard light up, headlights light up, the radio was flashing on and off, then eventually off.

Recently, I've been turning my car off through the windows via Power button, and a number of times the car exterior lights stayed on over night (did not auto shut off probably due to thinking that i'm still in the car?).

I'm going to follow these directions and will keep you updated.

How to Fix 2011 Lexus CT 200h that Doesn’t Start | chebosh cars
    2011 Lexus CT200H Black/Eccrue

Quote Originally Posted by darith View Post
    Recently, I've been turning my car off through the windows via Power button, and a number of times the car exterior lights stayed on over night (did not auto shut off probably due to thinking that i'm still in the car?)
    so you leave the car on, get out of the car, then reach through the window and push the power button to turn off the car? For what reason? I'm not quite following the logic there.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

Lol I thought the exact same thing. Quite odd....

Sounds like you drained the battery and it will not fully charge again. Remember unless you have a marine battery you cannot fully discharge a normal 12v car battery without completely ruining it. Even if you recharge it will never fully charge. Our cars require a fully functional battery to start. You need to buy a new battery out of your pocket.

Words if advice. Turn off your car while you are still in it. It's common sense. The lights will not turn off until the door is opened to exit the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    so you leave the car on, get out of the car, then reach through the window and push the power button to turn off the car? For what reason? I'm not quite following the logic there.
    The logic is because i have two kids (1 toddler, 1 infant) in the mix. i let the awake toddler out first so the sleeping infant doesnt freak out and cry when i turn the car and classical music off. i also grab belongings out of the front seat through the window. then i power off the vehicle through the window. sounds like i have a case of i need the REMOTE START feature, but I spoke to a lexus service advisor today and he said it should not be doing that. The lights should be turning off. In the past, my car has also kept the exterior lights on overnight even when I have shut the car off from inside the car as well. Even when I hit 'lock, lock' on my remote, it does not power off the exterior lights at times. This must be a glitch. Lexus roadside assistance attempted to jump the car with no success, even when they read 13v on the battery (minimum to start is 12.6v). then they sent out a capable flat bed tow truck (AAA) to tow my car to lexus service. the battery failed the performance test and it was replaced under warranty just now.
    2011 Lexus CT200H Black/Eccrue

So how do you get your infant out? The passenger side along with the older child? I still have a hard time understanding.

2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

Quote Originally Posted by darith View Post
    The logic is because i have two kids (1 toddler, 1 infant) in the mix. i let the awake toddler out first so the sleeping infant doesnt freak out and cry when i turn the car and classical music off. i also grab belongings out of the front seat through the window. then i power off the vehicle through the window. sounds like i have a case of i need the REMOTE START feature, but I spoke to a lexus service advisor today and he said it should not be doing that. The lights should be turning off. In the past, my car has also kept the exterior lights on overnight even when I have shut the car off from inside the car as well. Even when I hit 'lock, lock' on my remote, it does not power off the exterior lights at times. This must be a glitch. Lexus roadside assistance attempted to jump the car with no success, even when they read 13v on the battery (minimum to start is 12.6v). then they sent out a capable flat bed tow truck (AAA) to tow my car to lexus service. the battery failed the performance test and it was replaced under warranty just now.
    There are settings in which you may specify the amount of time the headlights wait before automatically turning off. Check that you have yours set correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)