2011 ct 200h does not start - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 ct 200h does not start

Back to the original point of this thread, yes you had a dead 12 V battery. I had the same exact dash lights flashing and everything. I just replaced mine with the Optima yellow top especially made for the Prius and our car (same battery). Wasn't too hard to do and so far I haven't had any issue with starting.

By the way, my car is a 2011 so that means my 12 V battery only lasted 2.5 years. That's pretty pitiful in my opinion. I did buy my car used though so I have no idea whether the original owner ran the battery down a few times. That would kill it real quick. When I pulled the battery out I put in on a battery tester (100 A load). Within a few seconds the battery went down from 12.6 V to 5 V, so ya it was dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by leonar40 View Post
    Back to the original point of this thread, yes you had a dead 12 V battery. I had the same exact dash lights flashing and everything. I just replaced mine with the Optima yellow top especially made for the Prius and our car (same battery). Wasn't too hard to do and so far I haven't had any issue with starting.

By the way, my car is a 2011 so that means my 12 V battery only lasted 2.5 years. That's pretty pitiful in my opinion. I did buy my car used though so I have no idea whether the original owner ran the battery down a few times. That would kill it real quick. When I pulled the battery out I put in on a battery tester (100 A load). Within a few seconds the battery went down from 12.6 V to 5 V, so ya it was dead.
    Same here, but I purchased mine new. It's good to know the lifespan of these batteries so now I know to keep extra one in stock ahead of time. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Other than the battery, I believe my only gripe is still the sun roof closing to a tilt instead of all the way down. Other than that, the CT200H has been a great car to me and I still receive many compliments from friends and strangers from time to time.

2011 Lexus CT200H Black/Eccrue

Ya, I'm not sure what happened with these batteries. When I replaced my OEM battery I also did the one from my wife's 2007 Prius. When I did the same 100A load test on it, it was weak but still maintained in the mid 10 V range. So her 6 years old battery was in much better shape than my 2.5 year old battery. The Optima battery has a great reputation so I expect it will last as long as I keep the car (at least another 5 years or so).

The passenger side along with the older child? I still have a hard time understanding.

Blog Entries
    I'd cool it with having anymore kids or you'll have to trade the Ct for a Chrysler Caravan !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)