Maybe the End - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the End

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I agree, I agree, I agree! Lexus is resting on its laurels and I don't think they really listen to their buyers. (Dated audio and user interface not to mention the navigation has be poor for a long, long time.) I have received only one car survey from Lexus and no follow up after that. Everyone loves their new car when they first get it and fill out the new car survey. However, the love wanes after you own the car a while and you discover things that drive you crazy. I recently purchased a new car and have received two surveys already plus a personal phone call from corporate thanking me for buying my car and asking me how I'm enjoying my car. That last survey I received from this manufacture started out something like this..."Now that you've driven your car for a while, tell us what you like and don't like about your model so we may improve." I thought that was a nice follow up survey. AND, they provided boxes for comments for almost every question. That may be just smoke and mirrors, but it made me feel good that they care for my input. I also received a separate survey from the dealership I purchased the car regarding my new car customer satisfaction.
    The number of surveys are important. Ford has been quite adventurous on its models lately, including the design of its new cars like the Escape. If it is nimble enough, it will quickly correct any of its missteps. I feel, this is the right direction for Ford, to take risks to try regain its lost buyers. It seems to working, but for a few recalls. For me, I have tried the adventurous route a few years ago when I was single, and the wait at the dealerships for warranty and TSB supported work was probably doable then. Now being married with a baby, I couldn't afford to take the risk now. For me, a bit dated is okay along as they are time tested. And I believe Lexus follows the same mantra. I don't recall if Lexus has invented anything recently. However, I like the fact that, in general, what they do, they do really well. I am hoping it is true for my CT. At the same time, I am hoping the new Escape proves great for gsbutton as well. A competition is always good for us consumers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

LoveCT,

I wish you the best of luck with your CT. I hope you do not have the problems that have troubled me for the past year. I can understand not being adventurous with a baby. How does the CT handle the car seat and parent duty?

I'm not understanding how we are comparing the Ford Escape to the Lexus CT200h. They are in 2 different classes, designed and built for 2 different purposes. IMHO these are not to be compared. If you want or need a hybrid, then to me the Toyota/Lexus vehilces are the way to go. I do acknowledge that other manufacturers are quickly catching up, but they are not quite there yet.

I'd be more interested to see how the Escape compares to the CR-V. I guess when it is all said and done, we all look for different things in a vehicle, so no one vehicle is perfect for everyone. I totally get what most are saying, the CT is no Lexus and I too feel that Lexus has been sitting back and letting the rest of the market catch up to them. Not sure what I can do about that. I do know that I will be replacing the stock sound system with a better one in the future. But as for now, the CT does exactly what I need it to do and that is why I purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by gsbutton View Post
    LoveCT,

I wish you the best of luck with your CT. I hope you do not have the problems that have troubled me for the past year. I can understand not being adventurous with a baby. How does the CT handle the car seat and parent duty?
    Pretty good actually. Before buying the car, I tried the car seat rearward and the stroller on the back. Both fit nicely. We are not big people ourselves. Actually the stroller fit better than my old big sedan because of the awkward trunk shape of my sedan. I and my wife though both knew that the CT will carry 1-2 persons about 95% of the time (I and my carpool, or my wife and her carpool). Mind you, if this was the only car in the family, I would have definitely bought a bigger car. But, we have now grown into a two car family. The other car will have to be a bigger one. I will soon have to replace my current big sedan. Possibly a 6 or 7 seater. I am looking at the Hyundai Santa Fe XL or the Toyota Highlander. Anything else? The minivans are good too, but too clumsy to handle in my opinion.

Not comparing with the Escape BigE. gsbutton has done exactly how many of us have chosen a vehicle. Set up a minimum criteria. Any vehicle that satisfies the minimum are in the running. Beyond that, its the qualitative things that I could associate best in the car that I will end up owning.
    Last edited by LoveCT; 03-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCT View Post
    Not comparing with the Escape BigE. gsbutton has done exactly how many of us have chosen a vehicle. Set up a minimum criteria. Any vehicle that satisfies the minimum are in the running. Beyond that, its the qualitative things that I could associate best in the car that I will end up owning.
    Yes, I get that. I am one NOT to buy anything but GM or Ford products. How did I end up with the Lexus? By just what you have stated. We wanted a hybrid that was stylish and got very good fuel economy. After much research, the Prius was the ticket - until we saw the CT200h...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Yes, I get that. I am one NOT to buy anything but GM or Ford products. How did I end up with the Lexus? By just what you have stated. We wanted a hybrid that was stylish and got very good fuel economy. After much research, the Prius was the ticket - until we saw the CT200h...
    Exactly. In no way I was going to buy the Prius. It was just so everything I don't like in a car lookwise. I would have probably settled with the dated looking A3 or newer B250. But I was very wary of the reliability records, premium fuel of the B, and expensive maintenance. Mind you, I am buying a car to drive it as long as possible. The CT satisfied both in the looks, moves and functionality perspectives. And in all Lexus that we saw, we felt this was the best value for money (yes I cross checked the RX 350. I was done with the sedans).
    So moral of the story. Love or hate of a car is all subjective to what compromises you can live with for the money you can burn. Let's just hope we are healthy and wealthy enough to enjoy the luxuries of life for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    And I have always been a Ford guy myself, until a friend sent me a photo of the CT. I drove it and it was almost everything I was looking for, until I started living in the service lounge. And I understand they are two completely different vehicles, but some people do need two vehicles so I am willing to do a no BS write up if they want one. I was just saying that this vehicle was a problem for me and that the Escape was what I had chosen to go to and thought people would like a comparison as to why I went that direction. Thats all I was doing with this post. Just trying to help out some fellow car lovers.

That's cool. I get it now. I think it is a great idea to get your experiences with the CT200h and the new Escape. I just can't see comparing the 2 vehicles head to head.

I've seen alot of issues with the EcoBoost. That is to be expected with any new technology like this, I hope they have those worked out now. Been kinda looking myself at the F150 EcoBoost, just waiting for things to shake out a bit before taking the plunge.

I have heard the same, they have fixed the motor in my vehicle. It went through a recall and now Ford is inspecting random engines from the Spain factory. The F-150 ecoboost is a fantastic truck. Very close to the motor in the SHO which has had zero problems. I know two people in the Coast Guard who have them and they love it!

Quote Originally Posted by gsbutton View Post
    I have heard the same, they have fixed the motor in my vehicle. It went through a recall and now Ford is inspecting random engines from the Spain factory. The F-150 ecoboost is a fantastic truck. Very close to the motor in the SHO which has had zero problems. I know two people in the Coast Guard who have them and they love it!
    focus ST with ecoboost is awesome ..no turbo lag and 270 ftlbs torque between 2,000 and 4,500 RPM. wide-wide band of blissfull power.

2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)