Heated Steering Wheel in the US?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heated Steering Wheel in the US?

Heated Steering Wheel in the US?

I found information on the Lexus TechDoc for the 2012 CT200H about there being a heated steering wheel and a switch to turn it on and off. Does anyone in the US have this option?
    Heated Steering Wheel in the US?-picture-2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heated Steering Wheel in the US?-picture-3.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I haven't hear of this nor haveI seen it in any of the CT200h brochures. I have the brochures for 2011 and 2012 and none show any kind of upgrade or mentioning of heated steering wheel for the US.
    I do know on a different subject, that the heated windshield, on and off, is in the climate control of the Navigation.

There's already another thread that talks about this. It's not a US option.

https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1629783

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yeah, when I park in the South Florida sun it turns itself on and takes a long while to cool off. I don't see a switch, though.

I just got in my decorative heated steering wheel, clock spring and on/off button, will try to install blind and report back to you. I got my parts from Russia.

This steering wheel has paddle shifters that will not be operational and the radar cruise button that won't work either although I wonder if I can get to work with additional components, it does look like we have the plugs to make the heated steering wheel work, but I will confirm when it is installed

Ok, so I installed the new heated steering wheel, the button and a new clock spring. The (Regular) cruise control and steering wheel buttons were plug and play. The adaptive radar button does absolutely nothing, as the paddle shifters.

Although I was able to find a plug for the heated steering wheel button, I can't get it to work, I have a relay for the steering wheel and have no idea where it should go as there is no blank spaces in the fuse box.

I also now have the traction control light on, but I think that is because the steering wheel position sensor needs zero calibration, but again there is nothing online on how to do this on a CT200h and jumping the top and bottom 4th pin on the OBD port didn't reset the traction controls, looks like those pins are for ABS and a few others but doesn't do much on traction control.

Again no info anywhere on which pins are for traction control on this car....

The heated steering wheel button is plug in ready with existing premium CT, but it does not turn on, although the back light works, I assume I need this relay for it to work.

There seems to be a relay up under the dash of the car on the drivers side with a blank next to it, unfortunately this blank is a dud and doesn't seem to have any contacts in it, as the relay doesn't lock in just barely sits in place. I'm guessing that is where the relay goes and we just don't have the wiring there, but I am still researching, will report back if I figure it out

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)