10 speaker Audio - Subwoofer problem
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 speaker Audio - Subwoofer problem

10 speaker Audio - Subwoofer problem

I was driving the other day listening to some music when I heard a click/static sound then navigation rebooted itself (with the lexus logo appearing), then it goes back to normal. The music started playing again at the point just before it restarted however there was a significant lack of bass from the 10 speaker sound system. I opened the boot whilst some music was playing and confirmed that sound was coming out of the subwoofer but it was very very soft.

I spoke to Lexus service and they advised that there is a known issue with faulty navigation discs (the Australian CT200h is a DVD based navigation). They had no idea about the subwoofer issue but as there was "some" sound coming out of the subwoofer they said that it is working. They did not do any tests on the sound system but I can tell the bass output from that speaker is considerably less. Is there anyway I can use a meter to test whether sufficient power is being sent to the sub?

To rule out software issues/glitches, I have pulled like 3 fuses from the engine fuse box and 2 fuses from the interior fuse box related to the audio to try reset the amplifier, has not made any difference! Anyone else have this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

my car was brand new and happened weeks after...took it into service 3 times and they changed everything from the dvd, to the nav ecu, checked all wiring..it was frustrating for me..because it would happen more than not..i would be sitting at a stoplight and the system crashes and resets itself..eventually after a month of this they replaced the WHOLE nav system and has been working since. Good luck

Ok, haha problem resolved. Lexus replaced the subwoofer in the boot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)