Picture of New LED's with Chrome Bumper Guard Installed - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Picture of New LED's with Chrome Bumper Guard Installed

if you look on Sewalls website it shows install instructions which say it is supposed to come with a template...lining up the two holes on each end with hatchback open...mine had nothing inside the box except the part...and a paper on how to take care of it and clean it. On the outside of the box was an instruction for an install memo that said it could be found on the Toyota info system...I gave it to my Lexus dealer and gave the guy $20 to install it and center it properly...make sure if you are getting it from Sewall that you are registered on their site to get the discount price...list price was like $114 and the discount brought it down to either $69 or $79...can't remember which

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chez_gokingyok View Post
    BTW do they come with guides so it would be dead center? Thanks!
    If you go to the Sewell site and look up the part (hint-exterior part), on one of the pages there is a link to the installation instructions. Those instructions show a template for both sides, unfortunately, most printers reduce the size of the print when you print them on a home printer so you then have to use an enlarging copier to blow it up about 5% or maybe 4% depending on your printer, but there is a 2 inch measurement you can use to check to see if the template is accurate.

You put the template on both sides, tape it down with masking tape or even scotch tape and then you PRACTICE laying the part down so the front edge matches the template and you have a perfect fit. I had to "adjust" the template so it was exactly where the part ended, but then you just take the backing off the tape and plop it down, just be careful, but if I can do it, anyone can. I usually have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler...my damned finger keeps getting in the way.

post a picture of it...would like to see how it came out on another car....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)