USB Hub Work
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USB Hub Work

USB Hub Work

Hi guys, does anyone know if a USB Hub will work with the car? I tried a Belkin hub, but it seems to only charge my devices and no media is working. If there is a hub out there that works, please let me know. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It is not whether the USB hub will work or not. It has to do whether the logic in the car can support more than one device. You need logic to be able to recognize and differentiate the devices, don't believe ct200h got this logic capability... it is rather retarded.

That is too bad. Well, if anyone finds out a solution to this that would be great.

Do you really need to control multiple device or just control 1 device and charge the rest? If just controlling 1 device, you could just leave usb for the controlling device and get a 12v adapter to 2 USBs for charging 2 other devices.

I was hoping to plug multiple devices in the car (tablet, usb, my phone), not as much as controlling them, but having the ability to switch in between them is what I was hoping to do.

Quote Originally Posted by weckod View Post
    I was hoping to plug multiple devices in the car (tablet, usb, my phone), not as much as controlling them, but having the ability to switch in between them is what I was hoping to do.
    If your tablet and phone have bluetooth, you could just use your USB hub to charge them and use bluetooth connections to switch between them. With bluetooth audio, you could select which device you are connecting. It is very easy to switch if you have NAV (just a few mouse clicks). I found the sound quality from bluetooth better than the one from USB.

I thought I was the only one who felt USB media playback was muffled. CD rom audio was good too.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Thanks for the idea! I got both on the bluetooth and its great, but my transformer seems to lag a little before its gets to a normal streaming speed.

Quote Originally Posted by hookah66 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who felt USB media playback was muffled. CD rom audio was good too.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
    I think "muffled" is same description I would give. I wasn't even trying to play the iPhone via USB. I was just using it to charge the phone, and it started playing. I thought the sound seems a little "muffled", so I started playing around between USB and bluetooth and sure enough the bluetooth sound was more crisp.

The same thing with XM and FM. I have the same station KIIS on both and it sounded better on FM than XM.

I don't have any CD, so I don't even know if the CD player works or not

Quote Originally Posted by weckod View Post
    Thanks for the idea! I got both on the bluetooth and its great, but my transformer seems to lag a little before its gets to a normal streaming speed.
    Does your asus transformer have 3G on its own or is it using your phone wifi hotspot? Maybe it takes a while for it to establish connection thru your phone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)