Thanks for the help! A couple of other quick Qs
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks for the help! A couple of other quick Qs

Question Thanks for the help! A couple of other quick Qs

Thanks to all for the help on understanding why/when that little "push" is felt by the driver. My wife agrees that it does happen around 45mph and usually when coasting down a gentle slope. She was a bit concerned at first, but the replies here have eased her concern a lot.

Couple of quick questions, if I may:

How do you get the stupid backup beeping to stop?? That's very annoying. We hope it's possible.

How do you increase the female robot helper lady's voice? It's hard for me to hear at road speeds.

How do you easily change from one paired phone to another? I've got both of our phones paired, but it seems convoluted to set which one we want.

Ours doesn't have the NAV package (I love my Bionic's Google Navigation), and it seems from what I've read a lot of detailed and system settings are easily accessible through the NAV package, but not the CT's without.

I hope I'm not too much of a Newbie, but I will help other's as I learn more about this beast.

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

How do you get the stupid backup beeping to stop?? That's very annoying. We hope it's possible.

This one is easy. Just ask the dealer to set it next time you take it to service. Only dealer could change it to 1-beep backup. You cannot change it to no beep but 1 beep when going in R is not bad. Most people also asked them to take out the seat belt warning.

How do you increase the female robot helper lady's voice? It's hard for me to hear at road speeds.

Sorry I don't know how to do it without NAV. With NAV it was really easy; just go thru the Voice Menu. I am sure it is somewhere in the manual.

How do you easily change from one paired phone to another? I've got both of our phones paired, but it seems convoluted to set which one we want.

The one we did it is that I paired my phone with my key, and pair her phone with her key. That way we don't have to manually select which phone to use when we switch cars. My wife's BMW bluetooth has much better design. It will go down the list of paired phones based on priority and try each one until it found a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post

This one is easy. Just ask the dealer to set it next time you take it to service. Only dealer could change it to 1-beep backup. You cannot change it to no beep but 1 beep when going in R is not bad. Most people also asked them to take out the seat belt warning.

Sorry I don't know how to do it without NAV. With NAV it was really easy; just go thru the Voice Menu. I am sure it is somewhere in the manual.

The one we did it is that I paired my phone with my key, and pair her phone with her key. That way we don't have to manually select which phone to use when we switch cars. My wife's BMW bluetooth has much better design. It will go down the list of paired phones based on priority and try each one until it found a connection.
    Thanks, we are going the week after next to have the windows tinted and will ask them to set it to ONE BEEP back up. That won't be so bad. When you say "KEY", I'm guessing that's a blu-tooth setting (like a security code) and not with your key fob (assuming you have the memory seat/mirror thing). I guess I AM a newbie. My next newest car is a 2004 infinity and technology has come a LONG way! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael and Kay View Post
    Thanks, we are going the week after next to have the windows tinted and will ask them to set it to ONE BEEP back up. That won't be so bad. When you say "KEY", I'm guessing that's a blu-tooth setting (like a security code) and not with your key fob (assuming you have the memory seat/mirror thing). I guess I AM a newbie. My next newest car is a 2004 infinity and technology has come a LONG way! Thanks again.
    No I meant the key fob. When I paired my phone, I was using my key fob to turn on the car. Then I put my phone and my key fob in the house, and use her key fob to turn on the car and paired her phone. It seems to work so far. When I am in the car with my phone and my key fob, it connects to my phone. When she is taking the car with her phone and her key fob, it auto connects to her phone.

I have read that people who pair 2 phones to 1 key fob has to manually switch connection (going thru the menu) to the 2 phones, but I didn't have to using the above method. Now thinking about it, I am not sure which phone it would connect to when both key fobs and both phones are in the car....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael and Kay View Post

I have a video on youtube to help with this one. Also some other videos I've done might help, especially for Non-Nav CTs..

Click below..

Last edited by kalo925; 08-14-2012 at 05:31 AM.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

Quote Originally Posted by kalo925 View Post

I have a video on youtube to help with this one. Also some other videos I've done might help, especially for Non-Nav CTs..

Click below..

Great job! Very helpful, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)