Can dynamic radar cruise control option be installed by dealer?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can dynamic radar cruise control option be installed by dealer?

JFH

Can dynamic radar cruise control option be installed by dealer?

Does anyone know if the dynamic radar cruise control / pre-collision detection system option can be (reasonably) installed by a dealer on a CT premium with navigation?

This doesn't seem to be a popular option - apparently no cars with it in the region - and I didn't want to wait for a special order.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

no. Dealer's can't install it. For some moronic reason dealer's don't order them with their allocation. They are fools because I asked lots of dealers and they said "people keep asking, but we don't have any except maybe once in a while on a LS".

Gee, if people keep asking, maybe you should order what people are asking about!

Go to an Audi or BMW dealer and they have plenty of radar cruise models to pick from.

probably have to special order since the Lexus dealers are too stupid to get them in their allocation, but it is worth the effort.

JFH
    Already have the car, as my wife didn't want to wait three months, so special order or another brand isn't an option.

I have the adaptive cruise control in my CT and am not a very big fan of it. The radar is very sensitive and the car simply does not have the power to accerate on the interstate. I always have to floor it to keep speed or a have an angry driver behind me.
    ________
    2011 Lexus CT200h Premium - Fire Agate Pearl/Black Leather, Nav/LED Lights/Adaptive CC
    2013 Lexus GS350 AWD F-Sport - Liquid Platinum/Black
    2012 Volvo XC70 - Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2012 Lexus IS350C Cabriolet - Nebula Gray/Black
    2012 Porsche Panamera 4 - Carerra White/Beige

Quote Originally Posted by dochusar View Post
    I have the adaptive cruise control in my CT and am not a very big fan of it. The radar is very sensitive and the car simply does not have the power to accerate on the interstate. I always have to floor it to keep speed or a have an angry driver behind me.
    Good feedback. Thanks. =]

the button on the steering wheel changes the distance between you and the car in front -- see if that helps.

Yes, the radar is sensitive. It will sense cars, trucks and even motorcycles driving in front of you and slow you down so that you don't hit them. If it were less sensitive you might hit them (or at least the motorcycles).

sometimes if the driver in front is slowing and speeding up the radar cruise mimics them more than it should and it would be better if it smoothed things out better. But overall the radar cruise is great -- in most cases allowing you to just set the speed at say 70, and just follow the car in front of you at any speed btw 70 down to about 28.

The problem is not the adaptive cruise control, it works just as designed, except the CT does not have the torque or power to maintain speed, before people behind you to get angry and tailgate you..
    ________
    2011 Lexus CT200h Premium - Fire Agate Pearl/Black Leather, Nav/LED Lights/Adaptive CC
    2013 Lexus GS350 AWD F-Sport - Liquid Platinum/Black
    2012 Volvo XC70 - Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2012 Lexus IS350C Cabriolet - Nebula Gray/Black
    2012 Porsche Panamera 4 - Carerra White/Beige

JFH
    My rep had spoken to engineering and I was satisfied by their response. I don't rember all the details, but it seemed reasonable to me.

I have the dynamic cruise control and I appreciate for what it is designed to do. It has the logic to not slam on the breaks and not to floor the accelerator. The car is for saving fuel after all. It is not good to use in dense traffic and I think most of you will understand what I am describing. It is great for getting out on the highway for a long trip with moderate traffic, and allows me to not constantly hit the brake and reengage the cruise control. I required this option and as such, I special ordered my ct. The salesman from the dealership I ordered from, tried to dissuade me from pursuing this option, and I suspect only to make an immediate sale without the special order.

I have it on my wife's Prius and it works great. I don't have any problem accelerating on Interstate with either the Prius or the CT200h and I cruise in the left lane with whatever the current rate is , usually 75-80+

The only problem I have encountered with the adaptive cruise is when you come up behind a slower vechicle, if you are observant, it slows you down to their speed.

Come drive with me, I'll show you how to negotiate the Interstates, I have become an expert which by the way is required in Houston

2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)