Has anyone installed a rear view mirror with homelink?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone installed a rear view mirror with homelink?

Has anyone installed a rear view mirror with homelink?

I purchased the genk45 and now I am trying to anticipate how I'll be wiring things. Is there some place I can tie into behind the ceiling lamps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm not familiar with the Gen45 but I'm just curious how you are going to install this. I'm assuming you have a regular rear view mirror and wanted to upgrade with this. Do you have to remove the original mirror and use the same mounting post? Or this new mirror came with it's mounting post so you have to remove the existing post from your windshield?

Back to your question, I'm sure there's some room behind the ceiling lights to hide whatever wiring that came with Gen45. I read some folks have wired their radar detector through the rear view mirror so it's possible for you to do the same.
    Good luck with your mod.

Cheers,
    Bill

06/11 CT200h Smoky Granite/Ecru

There are 3 wires to be tapped. One wire is always on which I tapped into some wiring in the overhead console which is very easy to remove. Another wire is on with ignition which I run a wire and tapped into the cigarrett lighter wire. There might be some ignition-on wire in the overhead console but I didn't look for it and just run the wire down to the cigarett lighter wire for simplicity. The third wire is the ground. Hope this helps.
    2011 Lexus CT200h premium, Smoky Granite Mica-
    35% tint to sides, 20% to the backs. Slim 35W 5000K HID, PIAA 2500K plasma ion fogs, Gentex auto dimming mirror with compass and Homelink, Interior and exterior leds, Illuminated door sills, 3M clear bra. F-sport Trident Wheels, Grills, and Pedals. OEM Lexus shark fin antenna.

Thanks for the replies. I already installed this Wednesday night. It was a lot easier than I thought. I ran the the cables down to the fuse box. Tucking the wires behind the headliner was simple. There really isn't anything holding the edge down. Also, don't get freaked out by the side airbag pillar. That panel popped out pretty easy.

Red => 15A Power outlet
    Yellow => 25A Door Lock
    Black => Tighten to nut that contacts bare metal

Quote Originally Posted by 11LFCH View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Gen45 but I'm just curious how you are going to install this. I'm assuming you have a regular rear view mirror and wanted to upgrade with this. Do you have to remove the original mirror and use the same mounting post? Or this new mirror came with it's mounting post so you have to remove the existing post from your windshield?

Back to your question, I'm sure there's some room behind the ceiling lights to hide whatever wiring that came with Gen45. I read some folks have wired their radar detector through the rear view mirror so it's possible for you to do the same.
    Good luck with your mod.

Cheers,
    Bill
    Fortunately the CT uses a standard mounting wedge. To remove the factory mirror simply push up and out. The Gentex slides right over the existing wedge.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)