Got My HID's Installed Today...Here's Some Pix and What I Think - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Got My HID's Installed Today...Here's Some Pix and What I Think

love these..can you show us a different angle. would love to see the details.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Any audio system static when the HIDs light up?

2012 Obsidian CT200h Premium, Tanabe springs - SOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by bondguy View Post
    Here's a few shots...not the best as I took them with my iPhone 4S but it will give you an idea how bright these lights are for 35W bulbs...remember, these are the 5000K color...from what I have read, as you get to the higher up colors, the amount of light produced diminishes greatly...that is why people with the real purple headlight bulbs (8000K or higher) don't emit too much light...they use them because they think the purple color looks cool...Not to me. Factory brightness for an HID bulb is right at 4200...full light output there. So, I went a little bit more to 5000K but not enough to lose even more light output like at 6000K.
    looks like you will be blinding anyone that passes by.....
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by ct200anon View Post
    What I meant by the light area going dark is this: I drove the car at night on a country road with no street lights - complete darkness. The lights light up about 200 or so feet in front of the car. But, at the point where the beam of light ends (200 or so ft in front of the car) the change from light to dark is very abrupt. It almost looks like a black wall. Now, this may be because the lit area is so bright. It may also be the case with halogens, I don't know, I never tried this experiment with the original halogens. It's a bit scary when you drive at a bit of a higher speed (I was doing about 80 KM/h). It was even worse when coming off a peak in the road and going down an incline and then the road went up again - it felt like the road was suddenly "coming at me".

On a different note, I had my wife drive behind me at night to see how the lights look and when she was going over bumps in the road (so going up and down) I could definitely see a lot of "flaring" in the rear view mirror - quite annoying. Probably more so for drivers coming the opposite way. I suppose that's the downside of not having factory HIDs with the auto-levelling feature (I never noticed this with BMWs or other cars that have the factory HIDs).
    cars with HIDs usually have adaptive lights and auto-leveling.

its true that whatever that was lit up by your lights are really really clear and bright however, the cutoff will suffer as the our eyes will get tired trying to see past the lit areas. its like walking from a bright room into a dark one. our eyes cannot switch immediately.

this could be one of the advantages of the halogen. its not that bright to begin so the cut-off isnt that great. so your eyes will not need to adapt too much. its like walking from a dimly lit room to a dark room. its quicker for our eyes to adapt.

on the other note, whereby our HIDs look like its throwing glare all over? yes. because our halogen lens are not meant for this much of lumens going through.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)