Pleased with Nuluxe Caramel Interior
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pleased with Nuluxe Caramel Interior

Pleased with Nuluxe Caramel Interior

I purchased a 2012 CT Pearl White, Nav., Caramel Nuluxe several weeks ago and have almost 3,000 on my vehicle. I have had leather seats in all of my other cars to date and was concerned about the Nuluxe material feeling artificial. I chose the Nuluxe over the leather option primarily because I loved the Caramel color. I even turned down a fully loaded f Sport because of the seat color. To date I couldn't be happier with my decision. We get numerous compliments on the Caramel color and the contrasting colors within the car's interior. The recent cold wave in central Virginia has also proven to me that the Nuluxe material is as good or better in cold weather conditions. Spills easily wipe up even from our very young grandchildren spilling fruit juice on them. I even had a co-worker of mine comment how he loved the smell of leather in a new car. I have to admit that I didn't tell him he was actually seated in vinyl seats. At this point in time I am convinced that I would not opt for leather even if the Caramel color was available in that option. Time will tell if Nuluxe holds up as well or even better than leather. If anyone who has had Nuluxe for a longer time, please relay your feedback. 

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

congrats on the purchase! getting the same exact color combo, any pics?

I agree, 2k miles and almost three months in and still has the new car or leather like smell. Very comfortable, and love how comfortable the head rest is!
    '11 Premium Fire Agate / Caramel, Illuminated door sills, Preferred accessory package, Side body moldings, LED interior and vanity lights

Couldn't agree more! Caramel color is real sporty and the nuluxe material is a nice alternative to leather. Light weight aspect is a bonus too. I specifically waited for a CT with this color interior.

Agree also, always been a leather guy, but we loved the caramel color. We've had our car since March and the Nuluxe has been great.

Have had the caramel NuLuxe since March 2011 and I love the color and the seats are very comfortable. Have had no negative experience with the NuLuxe to date and I am pleased with this choice. The negatives I have experienced with the car are the lack of power (which I knew when purchased but was willing to accept in exchange for gas mileage savings), winter mileage which has dropped significantly, delays with the car warming up and defrost is really slow as opposed to former gas powered vehicles and the carpet material is cheap and wears bad.

So, what are you guys doing to maintain/clean/condition the nuluxe?

Nothing, they haven't needed any attention. Been driving mine since March.

Quote Originally Posted by jizzle View Post
    So, what are you guys doing to maintain/clean/condition the nuluxe?
    I had my dog in the car and he is kind of slobbery sometimes, so I saw some spots on the dark blue "F" nuluxe interior so I used a vinyl protectant from Meguiars. Worked nice and wiped off easily. I didn't want it to shine, so I followed the instructions for limited shine. I don't think you can actually condition vinyl. You can protect it, but I don't think it can absorb stuff to be conditioned. It does look clean and neat after I did it and it didn't take too long. Spray on, wipe off. Vinylex from Lexol is about the same. I have used it on other cars.

A plus with the NuLux is that it doesn't crease like leather. That is one thing that annoyed me with leather in my previous cars.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)