Ct200h in snow ?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ct200h in snow ?

Ct200h in snow ?

I live in Seattle-WA and I am expecting some snow again. I am wondering has anyone drived this car in snow ? how was the handling ?

I am also concerned on the front bumper as its too close to the road and just worried that snow will damage this ? Although I do have the 3m film protection on front!!

Has anyone tried snow tires during the snow season ?

Any word of advise ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I live in Bellevue, as far as I know, CT isn't suit for driving in snow.
    Don't risk yourself, drive the other car during snow days.

2011 CT 200H GPS
    2007 ES 350 UL + Panorama
    2006 GX 470 GPS + ML
    1999 GS 300

Was just discussed in this thread : https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ml#post1647290

Apparently, the CT200h doesn't do very well in the snow. The solution is apparently Blizzak tires..... Not that I would ever actually find out where I live
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

i just had an *interesting* experience this past weekend with a snowstorm that hit the Northeast (you might have heard of it?). i would NOT recommend driving the CT in unplowed streets of snow with the OEM all-weather tires. having said that, i made it to the mall and back (~10 mins of highway and local roads) with minimal slippage and 1-2" on the ground.

My Lexus dealer has just supplied and fitted a set of Hankook i*cept evo tyres to my CT.
    2011 Mesa Red with pale interior
    UK Premium model - power seats, Nav, Mark Levinson stereo, LED headlamps
    Lateral dampers
    DAB radio

you shouldn't drive any car in snowy areas w/o snow tires, period

I've driven almost all my cars with all season tires only up until last winter when I finally got some snow tires.

I don't agree with that fact that you NEED snow tires, you can get along with all seasons if you drive carefully, but snow tires definitely do help and make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sears1234 View Post
    I live in Bellevue, as far as I know, CT isn't suit for driving in snow.
    Don't risk yourself, drive the other car during snow days.
    It's no worse then a Prius or any other car. Put snow tires on and your all set. The fuel efficent tires are a harder compound with little to no cross sipes for traction so all you do with them is slide.
    CT200h - Premium Pkg, Tungsten Pearl, Black Leather, LED HL, NAV, PCS/Radar Cruise, Illuminated Door Sills

Even if you drive carefully, 4 saisons tires in area that have ice and snow on a regular base, you need winter tires. Even carefully, I don't think you go down a hill on an icy roard safely for you and other drivers.

Just as exemple in mountains you can have a dry road on one side when going up and black ice at the top when going down. Very dangerous with any winter tires, and with four seasons, I wish not be in the car.

I can't wait to get some reviews in snow with good snow tires to see how the CT will handle in snow.

I am mostly with hdave on this one - typical Canadian neutrality
    I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada - nicknamed Winterpeg due it's ocassional -40C temps and snow and dubious title as coldest major city (over half a million) in the world! I have driven all kinds of cars and SUVs with and without snow tires. Snow tires really help you stop quciker no doubt about that. And all kinds of factors come into play but even with my cars/SUVs without snow tires I can stop 99% of the time without problems (by adjusting my driving habits). Now keep in mind we are on the flattest part of the praries there is so there are no hill (let alone mountain) issues. The thing I always worry about is someone that hasn't adjusted their habits rear ending me so I leave a good 6 feet at least in front of a car I am stopped behind and then watch my rear view mirror for some clown slidding at me - this way I can slowly roll forward if I see him running out of room.
    Now having said that, I am going to be buying snow tires for my CT for sure as I agree with the low rolling tire comment in that they probably perform worse in snow and ice than regular all seasons. I was looking at Michelen Xice but I see that they are low rolling resistence too so might go with the Blizzaks as I have had them before.

2011 CT200 Obsidian, Black Nulux, Canadian Tourning Edition - Non Nav

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)