Caramel Nuluxe...does it exist!?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caramel Nuluxe...does it exist!?

Red face Caramel Nuluxe...does it exist!?

Hello all!

I'm in Portland and I've been on the waiting list to get my CT for 2 1/2 months now. My local dealer is FINALLY getting through their deep waiting list and I'm hoping my day will come soon...but I'm starting to get concerned as the dealer has not been seeing much in the way of caramel nuluxe interior. My first choice is Starfire Pearl with Caramel Nuluxe and second choice is Matador Red with Caramel Nuluxe. Does anyone out there actually HAVE a CT with these color combos or has anyone seen either of them? Does anyone know what exterior colors typically come with Caramel? Should I give up hope and go with black!?

Also, owners - how do you like the nuluxe on a day to day basis? Considering leather is $2K more I wasn't sure it was worth the extra cost...plus with only black and light gray leather...well neither really floats my boat.

Thanks!
    Lorisa

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

carmel interior

Yes it does exist, I test drove one in Oklahoma city, OK about a month ago. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by LorisaBliss View Post
    Hello all!

I'm in Portland and I've been on the waiting list to get my CT for 2 1/2 months now. My local dealer is FINALLY getting through their deep waiting list and I'm hoping my day will come soon...but I'm starting to get concerned as the dealer has not been seeing much in the way of caramel nuluxe interior. My first choice is Starfire Pearl with Caramel Nuluxe and second choice is Matador Red with Caramel Nuluxe. Does anyone out there actually HAVE a CT with these color combos or has anyone seen either of them? Does anyone know what exterior colors typically come with Caramel? Should I give up hope and go with black!?

Also, owners - how do you like the nuluxe on a day to day basis? Considering leather is $2K more I wasn't sure it was worth the extra cost...plus with only black and light gray leather...well neither really floats my boat.

Thanks!
    Lorisa
    That is what I have on order Red/Caramel/ prem audio since June. It will be a 2012 now. This combo has been hard to aquire. I will wait to get what I want.

I also live in Portland...if that is Oregon. I just picked up my new CT last week. It is the Fire Agate (or Sienna Brown in Europe) with caramel NuLuxe. I absolutely love it. Very beautiful and rich look.

I've had many "real" leathers in other brands and I have to say, I like the NuLuxe as well or better than the leather. It has a very good feel to me. I haven't had it long enough to give a detailed critique, but I have no doubt, it was the right interior for me. Don't get me wrong, leather is beautiful, but it doesn't come in the colors I was looking for.

I have that color combo starfire pearl Carmel nuluxe that was my first choice when I ordered in march my car arrived may 1 i love the color combo and the nuluxe is great soft comfortable and I get many compliments on it
    Starfire Pearl
    Carmel Nulxe
    Premium
    2008 RX 350

Don't give up on that interior color. It is the best! I have it with smoky granite mica on the exterior. The caramel interior has a look of a fine sports cars. Reminds me of a Porsche. The nuluxe is also the way to go. It has a nice feel and is comfortable. I would not spend the extra $2k for leather. Nuluxe is lighter and more environmentally friendly.

I have seen caramel in a fire agate. Caramel does look really good especially with the contrast of the rest of the black interior. I wanted smokey granite or star fire pearl with caramel. But, they seem to be pretty rare and I just settled on a star fire pearl with black.

Yep, I have a Starfire Pearl w/Caramel interior, it does exist, and no, you can't have mine! ;]

Here's how to get yours: Tell the dealer to bugger off.

My local dealer, Putnam Lexus, assured me they could find the car I wanted with Caramel interior. They said they didn't have any in stock, but they'd check with other dealers.

They came back a week later saying they couldn't find my car, they checked with every other dealer within 1000 miles, my car didn't exist, and they checked the 'allocation' of incoming cars, none were available with caramel interior, but I could order one and get it in 4-6 months.

Sorry, but this was bull****.

I got on the phone and started calling every dealer within 5 states around California. There were an awful lot of CT's down in LA, so I called all the dealers there first. Many close hits, but none with the exact combo I wanted (Starfire or Fire Agate, caramel, with Nav).

I worked my way down to San Diego, then spotted a cache of cars in Las Vegas, and worked my way up to Reno (going by what was offered for sale on Autotrader.com).

Eventually I got a bit closer to home and started calling dealers who didn't even have autotrader.com listings, and I located my perfect vehicle up in Santa Rosa, barely 100 miles away from me.

It was too late to secure the deal that day, but the dealership sent a driver down to pick me up at home the next day, and I snapped up the CT immediately.

So, tell your dealer to **** off, call around and you'll likely find the exact vehicle you want within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by LorisaBliss View Post
    Hello all!

Thanks!
    Lorisa

Love the nuluxe, and the caramel too. Our car has the caramel interior ( the car is obsidian). We loved the interior color so much that we decided to forgo the leather. I miss the memory seats, but we are very happy with the feel and look of the nuluxe. Keep looking, you'll find it. Good luck.

Your car looks great in front of the carrier! How did you clear the pier in order to snap it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)