heavier steering?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heavier steering?

heavier steering?

was wondering if there is a way to make the steering wheel heavier, i like the feel of the steering wheel in Sports mode and was wondering if it was possible to do it in normal... also if it was even possible to make the steering wheel even more heavier? with very little steering assist?

would the dealer have a way to do this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

KKM
    You could drain the steering wheel fluid.

j/k, don't do that.

The power steering is electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by crc333 View Post
    The power steering is electronic.
    oh really, "i never ever knew that" sarcasm...

anyways was just curious if there was a way to decrease the steering wheel assist more then it does in sports mode.... or have the steering wheel like it is in sports mode in normal mode.

Like crc333 said the steering is control electronically. I'm guessing it's doable but only at the dealership. Have you requested dealer personalize reprogramming on your CT? If not then ask about your steering request next time you visit them.

Cheers
    06/11 CT200h Smoky Granite/Ecru

Interesting idea/way to want to modify your car. Isn't the steering more responsive and lighter with more electronic assistance (i.e. less effort to turn the wheel) in Sport mode?

'11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc13 View Post
    Interesting idea/way to want to modify your car. Isn't the steering more responsive and lighter with more electronic assistance (i.e. less effort to turn the wheel) in Sport mode?
    no, i'm coming from a BMW their steering wheel feels much heavier, and more connected to the feel of the car.

in sports mode the steering is only a little heavier making driving more accurate.

if only it could be more heavier then it would be a nice road for me.

I don't think the steering is changeable. Just enjoy what you have. It won't take long to get use to it.
    Dennis
    2011 CT 200h Premium, Matador Red, Black Leather, Premium Audio, Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by evicfinite View Post
    no, i'm coming from a BMW their steering wheel feels much heavier, and more connected to the feel of the car.

in sports mode the steering is only a little heavier making driving more accurate.

if only it could be more heavier then it would be a nice road for me.
    What about upsizing your wheels? I'm getting some 18" wheels, so with less rubber sidewall, your steering will be more responsive.

'11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

YOW
    The steering on the CT is electronically controlled, so there is a decent chance that the steering characteristics may be altered by doing an ECU remap.

2011 CT200h / Matador Red Mica / Canadian Premium Package / Black Leather Interior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)