Small horn in engine bay
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small horn in engine bay

Question Small horn in engine bay

I know the main horn for the CT is located in front of the radiator and they are LOUD. But I'm curious what looks like a small horn next to the engine is use for. I could not find a description or reference in the manual (unless I miss reading it).

Here's a picture of the small horn I'm referring. Anyone know about this?
    Thanks.

Last edited by 11LFCH; 08-24-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    06/11 CT200h Smoky Granite/Ecru

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11LFCH View Post
    I know the main horn for the CT is located in front of the radiator and they are LOUD. But I'm curious what the small horn next to the engine is use for. I could not find a description or reference in the manual (unless I miss reading it).

Thanks.
    Probably not a horn... Interesting looking though. I've never opened my hood. Might be time to have a look.

Edit: I thought pressure switch.. but now I think it is the Alarm Horn...

Last edited by kalo925; 08-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

Smile It the security horn.

Quote Originally Posted by 11LFCH View Post
    I know the main horn for the CT is located in front of the radiator and they are LOUD. But I'm curious what looks like a small horn next to the engine is use for. I could not find a description or reference in the manual (unless I miss reading it).

Thanks.
    Haha...found the answer to my own question.

Searching the web I learn the small horn by the engine is referred as "Security Horn". It works in conjunction with the factory alarm feature.

Why would Lexus put a small horn for alarm system? Wonder if a siren will work in it's place. Another mod idea?
    06/11 CT200h Smoky Granite/Ecru

That's odd, I would have thought it just uses the normal horn for the alarm.

'11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

Smile Separate Alarm Horn ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc13 View Post
    That's odd, I would have thought it just uses the normal horn for the alarm.
    Just a SWAG, but normal horn could probably easily be defeated by thief by pulling fuse; also might be higher, more piercing pitch.
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)