Lexus CT200h Forums banner

OBD11 socket

Tags
obd11 socket
12K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  TAZII 
#1 ·
I just purchased a scangauge type e. I own a CT200H but I do not know where to Locate the OBDII connector to hook up the scan gauge

Any help would be appreciated

bill59

#2 · (Edited)
Drivers side immediately above emergency parking brake located in panel below steering wheel. No cover - get your head under the steering wheel look up and left - white connector.

I leave my scangauge connected in my BMW continuously and monitor a variety of engine functions.

#3 ·
May I ask what you plan on monitoring with the scan gauge?

#5 ·
The primary purpose I bought this device is to read engine error codes and reset the service engine warning light. However, this tool has the ability to read, calculate and display many different pieces of data.

These include: coolant temp RPM intake air temp coolant temp fuel pressure gallons per hour liters per hour ignition timing engine loading Miles per gallon km per gallon miles per liter liters per 100 km mph kph manifold pressure battery voltage

It can also be programmed to calculate trip data.

Check out the Scangauge web site to get more info.

Very useful and can save trips / cost of going to dealer for resetting warning lights.

#7 ·
ScanGuage e

I am unable to see where the ScanGuage e will let me know how my current tank of gas is doing i/e average MPG per tank.

It seems to show only current trip info > resets after each start up
Any help on this would be appreciated

bill59

#8 ·
This is a great tool. I used it for years with a Civic. Tried it on my CT but the unit shuts down after a few minutes. I can restart it but it'll keep shutting down after a few minutes. Anybody else experiencing this? Does the CT power down the OBD connection after so many minutes?

#9 ·
Mine doesn't shut down. Make sure you've set it to HYBRID. That's a setting in the ScanGauge's SETUP menu. You have to also specify the engine size.

I monitor MPG, AVG, RPM and MPH. that way I can keep the economy gauge (the far-left dial) on all the time, by keeping it from turning into tachometer in power mode. This can be done from the SETTINGS menu on the car. Try to keep the needle on the line between Eco and Charge as often as possible for best mileage.

By monitoring MPH on the ScanGauage, I never have to take my eyes away to view the speedometer. I mounted the ScanGauge on top of the dash, coiling the wire and jamming the coil next to the steering wheel, where its own bulk keeps it in place.

I also periodically reset the car's own AVG readout to compare it with the AVG figure from the ScanGauge. They're usually very similar.

If you simply try to keep MPG higher than AVG, you'll pull up your mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.