Extra Year Of Lexus Enform
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra Year Of Lexus Enform

Extra Year Of Lexus Enform

Got a text message from my Sales guy asking if I would like a year of Lexus Enform or XM, I selected Enform. So my total complementary of Enform is for two years.

This is a pleasant and unexpected "gift". I just have the car for 3 weeks and have not used Enform much, and the Enform mobile app can use some improvements. However, I do appreciate the $264.90USD gesture. I did not ask why they offer the extra year of Enform, but I am sure it's because of the long wait.

SeaCliff and Wizrard,

Something to look forward to my friends

Tim

Last edited by TimN; 08-02-2011 at 10:52 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Smile also offered in letter

Quote Originally Posted by TimN View Post
    Got a text message from my Sales guy asking if I would like a year of Lexus Enform or XM, I selected Enform. So my total complementary of Enform is for two years.

This is a pleasant and unexpected "gift". I just have the car for 3 weeks and have not used Enform much, and the Enform mobile app can use some improvements. However, I do appreciate the $264.90USD gesture. I did not ask why they offer the extra year of Enform, but I am sure it's because of the long wait.

SeaCliff and Wizrard,

Tim
    I got the same offer in a letter, saying thanks for my patience on the delay of the CT. Even though the Enform is the more expensive choice, how often do people actually use Enform? "Hello, can you give me directions to the closet gas station... best seafood restaurant... I need turn by turn instructions."

Midcow, you make a good point. I hope I'm offered this choice. I think I'd opt for XM.

SeaCliff and Wizrard,

Tim
    Interesting, my sales lady called me yesterday and offered me the SOS feature or a year of XM radio. I went with XM service and you're correct my sales lady stated it was because we waited for so long.
    Last edited by wizardelite; 08-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Wizard,

Enform includes Safety Connect. It does not hurt calling back to see if she would change it to Enform for you.

For me, I don't use XM so it's an easy choice for me. So far, the only thing that interests me is XM Traffic. XM Sport and Stock do not work too well, and XM Weather is not detailed enough.

Tim

Wizard,

Enform includes Safety Connect. It does not hurt calling back to see if she would change it to Enform for you.

For me, I don't use XM so it's an easy choice for me. So far, the only thing that interests me is XM Traffic. XM Sport and Stock do not work too well, and XM Weather is not detailed enough.

Tim
    Alas, we do not have this option in Canada. Sigh.
    2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

Wizard,

Tim
    Yeah, I just realized that myself. I'm waiting on a call back to see if it isn't to late.

UPDATE
    I was able to make the switch. Just seemed like a better choice versus XM Radio. Especially after you quoted the price of what the features actually cost. I thought they were separate services.
    Last edited by wizardelite; 08-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Keep track of whether you get it added or not. After seeing the expiration date on my Enform account not get updated to reflect the additional year, I contacted someone on this forum who I knew had also selected the additional year of Enform. He told me that the date on his account hadn't been updated yet, but when he contacted Enform, he was told that there was a note on his account indicating that he was entitled to an additional year for free.

The next day, I called Enform to verify that my account had also been updated accordingly. I was told that there was nothing on my account and that there was noting that the Enform people could do (although it appeared that the person who I was speaking to knew about the amenities package that was being offered). He said that I need to contact the dealership to have it taken care of.

I left a message for my salesman yesterday. He hasn't gotten back to me yet (although today is his day off).

When I bought the car, the salesman told me that I was the first person who they were doing this for. So they weren't sure about what they were doing yet.

So, my suggestion is that you verify that the extension has been added, or your account has been updated to indicate that it should be added.

Quote Originally Posted by midcow3 View Post
    Even though the Enform is the more expensive choice, how often do people actually use Enform? "Hello, can you give me directions to the closet gas station... best seafood restaurant... I need turn by turn instructions."

I believe that Enform also includes access to the online application where you can find the locations that you are looking for from your PC and have them downloaded to your Nav system. I've had my car for less than two weeks and I've already used this twice to download addresses of parties that I've been invited to. I'm sure that I will continue to program my nav system using the online application fare more often than I will by entering the address directly into the Nav system.

It's also helpful cuz Lexus cripples the Nav system in the sense it locks out all input when the vehicle is moving, so I tend to call Lexus Enform/eDestination in order to get my destination inputted.

Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)