Anyone continued XM and/or Lexus Enform membership?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone continued XM and/or Lexus Enform membership?

Anyone continued XM and/or Lexus Enform membership?

Just wondering if anyone still subscribed to XM and/or Lexus Enform after the free trial subscription?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Yep, I will continue my XM subscription after the three months are gone. I surely do like radio with NO commercials!! As for the Enform, eh the Jury is still out on that...might be a bit steep of price for what you get.

Delivered July 19th-2011 Smoky Granite Mica
    Mods under way:Shark Fin Antenna, Led SMD lights throughout, HID 55w Headlights(Slim
    Ballast)

I was already an XM customer prior to getting my CT. When I setup my free 3 month subscription, they gave me a credit on my old account. She then asked if I wanted apply that credit to an new annual account (which is what I previously had) at the end of the three months. I told her that I had negotiated a discounted rate on my annual subscription and would only agree to the extension at the same rate, which she then gave me.

IF you're considering extending after the three months, tell XM that you don't want to. They will then offer you a discounted subscription.

As for Enform, I got an extra year for free. After that, I'll have to decide based on how much I use it over the next two years. I'm pretty sure that I'll continue the Safety Connect subscription. But it's "iffy" on Enform.

Yep - got credit from previous subscription !
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Az for a few more years, then back to Hawaii
    I have a IS C I got last Dec. When the XM Ended The calls started. That was fine except the price was always different.. They couldn't decide on what the price was. I figured if they want me to sign up and they can't get it together. What would happen down the road.... If I get the CT, I won't be doing it either.
    Current and past.

2011 IS250C. Matador Red/ Black. Nav, Chrome Wheels
    2013 GS350. Meteor Blue/Flaxen. Luxury package, Nav, ML, Chrome Wheels

Retired... in order
    2012 CT200h, 2006 GS300, 2008 GS350, 2006 GX470, 2008 ES350, 1992 SC300, 2007 GX470, 2006 GS300, 2005 RX330, 2004 GX470, 1999 RX300, 1995 SC400, 1995 SC300, 1994 ES300

^ The price keeps changing because they're trying to find a price at which you will keep the service. They have a product that has virtually no cost to them on a unit by unit basis. So, they would much rather keep you as a half-price (or even quarter-price) subscriber instead of no subscriber at all. They're also hoping that when that discounted subscription expires, you will remain as a full price subscriber.

Well I kept it as I like the commercial free and best of Sirus packages, but having been a previous Sirus subscriber on my Highlander Hybrid and portable was, am still am, a little ticked off that I don't get a discount for being a Sirus customer (have the life time subscription with Sirus). They tell me it's still operating like two companies Just another rip off.

I didn't get the XM weather and jury is still out on the Lexus Enform portion.
    CT200h - Premium Pkg, Tungsten Pearl, Black Leather, LED HL, NAV, PCS/Radar Cruise, Illuminated Door Sills

I only kept the XM NavTraffic and XM NavWeather. I know, it sucks because it only does traffic for highways/freeways, but still. It's something for my 2 hour commute.
    Last edited by Matt_RN; 01-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by Bob259 View Post
    Well I kept it as I like the commercial free and best of Sirus packages, but having been a previous Sirus subscriber on my Highlander Hybrid and portable was, am still am, a little ticked off that I don't get a discount for being a Sirus customer (have the life time subscription with Sirus). They tell me it's still operating like two companies Just another rip off.
    I think that it's ridiculous that Sirius/XM hasn't come up with an OEM radio that will work for whichever platform the customer wants. There's no reason why an Sirius cusotomer should be forced to go with XM (and pay for Best of Sirius if they want to maintain all of the programming that they have always had) and vice versa for XM customers buying a car with a Sirius radio in it.

To be honest, if the CT200 came with a Sirius radio, instead of XM, I would have thought twice about buying it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)