CT200H Workshop Manual
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CT200H Workshop Manual

CT200H Workshop Manual

I am only new here guys so this might have been asked already.
    I am a DIY guy and I always get my hands on one for all my cars/bikes.

Does anyone have a workshop manual for the CT is PDF?
    Is it posted somewhere already?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

YOW
    Quote Originally Posted by OZ-CT200H View Post
    I am only new here guys so this might have been asked already.
    I am a DIY guy and I always get my hands on one for all my cars/bikes.

Does anyone have a workshop manual for the CT is PDF?
    Is it posted somewhere already?

Thanks
    The CT200h Owner's Maintenance Manual can be found here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do

Its not a detailed service guide, so it might not be what you're looking for

Last edited by YOW; 06-29-2011 at 08:47 AM.

you can "view" it at http://techinfo.toyota.com.. however, you need a subscription.. either monthly or for like $15 you can get 2 days of access.. this would give you access to all of Toyota's manuals (service, wiring, owners, TSBs, everything).. including Lexus and Scion, of course

BUT.. and this is a big "but".. the newer manuals (I think after 1996) are set up differently.. the old ones display "sections" as PDFs.. so you can just save them.. the new ones utilize some kind of dynamic structure.. you would need to output each section to PDF and save them.. kind of the same, but it does require a couple additional steps.. and most stuff is split up into 3 sections (assembly, disassembly, and components)

Be warned though, the new service manuals are somewhere around 800+ pages each (maybe 500-600 sections).. and that doesnt include the wiring manuals, which are separate

Quote Originally Posted by Tracksyde View Post
    you can "view" it at http://techinfo.toyota.com.. however, you need a subscription.. either monthly or for like $15 you can get 2 days of access.. this would give you access to all of Toyota's manuals (service, wiring, owners, TSBs, everything).. including Lexus and Scion, of course

BUT.. and this is a big "but".. the newer manuals (I think after 1996) are set up differently.. the old ones display "sections" as PDFs.. so you can just save them.. the new ones utilize some kind of dynamic structure.. you would need to output each section to PDF and save them.. kind of the same, but it does require a couple additional steps.. and most stuff is split up into 3 sections (assembly, disassembly, and components)

Be warned though, the new service manuals are somewhere around 800+ pages each (maybe 500-600 sections).. and that doesnt include the wiring manuals, which are separate
    Maybe someone can get the 2 day subscription and let us know what's available? Or is there a Toyota technician on this board that already has access and can let us know?
    2011 CT200h w/tech pkg. w/Navi (Cdn)-Fire Agate Pearl/black leather; sport pedals; sills; cargo mat; wallet key; 3M "chip guard" on hood, side sills, lower door and front part of roof; PIAA Xtreme White HB (H9); Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs (H11); Putco LED map, dome, vanity, hatch & license plate lights; Lexus LED fog lights; tinted windows (Llumar); Lexus car cover; Reflector sun shade; Rear bumper protector; Mud flaps; Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires, 3D front floor mats

Its all the technical service manuals and such, same thing the dealer techs would access on a daily basis. Several other manufacturers do this now, allowing you do DL the manuals instead of selling them in print form.

It might be A LOT of PDF's though, so plan on dedicating a couple hours to just sitting at your computer downloading them.

Happy to pay a subscription if that allows me to permanently download them for the CT?

Or is it one of those services where you can only view them online when you are connected. If its the latter this isn't any good unless you want to have another monthly bill hitting your account

No, you can download them. It just will take a few hours because you have to manually click EACH section and download it manually. You can't just autodownload from a list of links. Very labor intensive.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-CT200H View Post
    Happy to pay a subscription if that allows me to permanently download them for the CT?

Or is it one of those services where you can only view them online when you are connected. If its the latter this isn't any good unless you want to have another monthly bill hitting your account
    As Matt pointed out, you can download the manual. What you'll need is to either print them (again, about 800+ pages or so for the whole thing) OR you get a PDF creating program (Adobe Acrobat Pro would be over kill.. there are lots of free PDF creators). After clicking each section, you'd output that section to a PDF and save it.. then you go to the next section, and so on and so on.

There are lots of sections in the manual that refer to OTHER sections. What I mean is, say for example you want to remove the door panel. The service manual will be something like this:

DOOR PANEL - DISASSEMBLY

1. Refer to Component diagram (this would be a separate section)
    2. Remove door handle [link to go to door handle removal page]
    3. Remove power window switch [link to go to door handle removal page]
    etc etc..

I had downloaded a manual a few months ago for a Sienna. After seeing the sheer number of sections, I figured, like, if I wanted to remove the door panel, it would include removing the door handle, power window switches, etc. So I skipped around a lot trying to save time. Later I realized what I pointed out above.. if you want a complete disassembly/assembly guide, you need to get any and all related sections. They definitely dont make it easy for you to download them.

When I downloaded a G35 service manual, it was just one package.. but then of course, packages like that wind up floating around the internet.

Thanks Tracksyde.
    Maybe I won't tackle this until I absolutely have to.
    My time is worth a hell of a lot more than the subscription fee.

I just took the time to download everything individually. Collision, Repair, Wire Diagram, Fluids, Accessory, Quick Reference, Satelite Radio, etc. The problem is where to host it. It came in at 3000 pdf files @ 422 MB. Anybody want to volunteer? That far exceeds my webpage account.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)