interior vent behind drivers seat??
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: interior vent behind drivers seat??

interior vent behind drivers seat??

Hi all,

I noticed what I thought was some wind noise the other day originating from behind me on the right hand side (maybe different on left hand drive cars). The noise increased with speed and I couldn't work out where it was coming from.

I have since noticed there is a vent next to the rear passenger seat behind the drivers seat where the seat belt rests and note there isn't one on the other side.

I've tried to change air flow positions and fan speed of the a/c but no air comes out it. Just wondering if anyone knows the purpose of this vent??

CT200H SE-L Premier in Ultra Blue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CT200Kev View Post
    Hi all,

I noticed what I thought was some wind noise the other day originating from behind me on the right hand side (maybe different on left hand drive cars). The noise increased with speed and I couldn't work out where it was coming from.

I have since noticed there is a vent next to the rear passenger seat behind the drivers seat where the seat belt rests and note there isn't one on the other side.

I've tried to change air flow positions and fan speed of the a/c but no air comes out it. Just wondering if anyone knows the purpose of this vent??

That's for the big battery under and just behind the rear seat.

I havent heard anything from mine yet but it is winter here, in my old civic hybrid the vents were behind the rear headrests and in the summer my son would complain about the fan noise while they cooled the battery but they only lasted about 10min untill the air con cooled the car.

2011 CT200H, F-Sport, Flame Blue, Black Leather, NAV & all the other bits !

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
    2007 Ford Falcon Wagon 4L Gas Guzzler

Ah, makes sense now

Thanks Steve
    CT200H SE-L Premier in Ultra Blue.

Yeah, in left hand drive cars, the vent is still on the rear right of the car. It's for the battery, but I didn't know there was a fan inside too for the battery? I thought it was passively cooled?
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_RN View Post
    Yeah, in left hand drive cars, the vent is still on the rear right of the car. It's for the battery, but I didn't know there was a fan inside too for the battery? I thought it was passively cooled?
    I don't know either about the fan in the CT the civic had one though.
    2011 CT200H, F-Sport, Flame Blue, Black Leather, NAV & all the other bits !

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
    2007 Ford Falcon Wagon 4L Gas Guzzler

ahhhhhh. That vent scares me a little. Did you read all the warnings about not blocking it and stuff like that? They made it sound like the battery would overheat and explode. LOL.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

There are several threads regarding this vent or fan noise coming from it. Though it may have occurred before I just noticed a "fanlike" noise coming from the right rear of the vehicle a couple times in the last few days. The first time my wife thought the right rear window was left open a small amount as it was that noticeable, the second time I was by myself and it didn't seem that loud but I could tell it was the same sound coming from the same direction. The outside temp was pretty mild (under 80F) but both times the battery showed pretty full. The first time I had just coasted down a steep mile long hill, would that kind of charging of the battery cause it to heat up? And does anyone know if there is actually a fan in the battery area? It makes sense to have one but if not I'll have to track this noise down:-)

yup. there is a fan for the battery in the boot. i noticed it last week when i went shopping. i was driving with all windows up, but i still hear wind-noise. i thought someone broke my rear windows!

then i realised its actually just the vent cooling the battery. phew.
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

Thanks, this helped.

I kept wondering why it would randomly be on and off!

The technology in the CT200h is quite amazing but I think you can have faith in the Lexus/Toyota technology - they've built 3,000,000 hybrids.
    Whenever I see or hear something unusual, I just assume it is of no consequence. Reading the owner's manual usually solves the problem, or anyone at my Lexus dealership will help me out. But there's never anything wrong, so be like me - don't worry, be happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)