Anyone else having Satellite Radio Quality Issues? - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Anyone else having Satellite Radio Quality Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by dkid View Post
    It seems not all cars are effected. I can go from SAT to CD, FM or AM and I don't need to change the volume. They all sound great. Am I the only one?
    Same here, no major jump in volume going from one to the other.

Sat radio quality is good, at least better than FM reception.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer42 View Post
    Same here, no major jump in volume going from one to the other.

Sat radio quality is good, at least better than FM reception.
    Maybe it's just a issue with the first ones... someone had posted that there was some component changes. Never the less if the volume on the SAT channel is 30-34 and I go to FM it blasts you out and you have to turn it back to 17-18 foer the same sound level. The sound quality is also clearer on FM then SAT, just the opposite from what it should be. I wrote to Lexus again, as this is not 'normal operation because it's digital' as the dealer stated.

CT200h - Premium Pkg, Tungsten Pearl, Black Leather, LED HL, NAV, PCS/Radar Cruise, Illuminated Door Sills

I heard back from Lexus on the XM radio volume and sound issues yesterday and they said after discussing with the dealer that it is 'Normal operation' and there is no issue.

When I told them how come the wife's Prius, my 08 Highlander Hybrid and that newer CT's didn't seem to have the same issues (even directed them to this site), they had no answer other then to say Service determined that his is normal operation for this radio when compared with other Lexus vehicles. A little disappointed in Lexus's response, or lack of response.
    CT200h - Premium Pkg, Tungsten Pearl, Black Leather, LED HL, NAV, PCS/Radar Cruise, Illuminated Door Sills

JFH
    I have a new 2012 w/ Audio upgrade and I have the same problem - horrible SAT sound relative to FM, CD, or AUX sound. Haven't called Lexus yet, but I will. Unless there is a fix, not going to keep XM after the trial.

I have big jump in volume from sat to radio too. Very annoying. I am in Los Angeles area and have prem auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkaye View Post
    I have big jump in volume from sat to radio too. Very annoying. I am in Los Angeles area and have prem auto.
    The dealer told me this is 'NORMAL' we all know is BS. Told them my Highlander Hybrid didn't have that problem nor does the wifes 2010 Prius so I can't imagine that I'd have the issue with a Lexus. Bottomline, calls to Lexusreverted back to the mechanic stating it was normal. I thingk Lexus knows they have a problem but if they admit it they would have to replace a lot of radio head units.

The "Endless Pursuit of Perfection" does not include the issues with XM Radio for Lexus.

I have rented 100's of vehicles with Sat radio, most North American models, and everyone of them was better they my CT.

This is not NORMAL, but Lexus refuses to tell any of us that this is a problem.
    ===================
    2012 CT200h - Starfire Pearl Premium F Sport, Premium Black Leather; Sport Pedals; F-Sport Grilles & Bumpers; Cargo mat & net; 3M hood/bumper, Sharkfin Antenna

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary John View Post
    The "Endless Pursuit of Perfection" does not include the issues with XM Radio for Lexus.

I have rented 100's of vehicles with Sat radio, most North American models, and everyone of them was better they my CT.

This is not NORMAL, but Lexus refuses to tell any of us that this is a problem.
    I've never been happy with the audio in my CT and the sat radio is the worst I've ever heard. My other two cars have wonderful sound systems in them and the factory sat radios sound wonderful. Lexus did screw up on this one. Every time I bring my CT in for service I mention the lack of quality of the audio system.
    2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium-Tungsten Pear/Water Gray Leather
    Premium Audio, HDD Navigation, LED Headlamps, Illuminated door sills, Preferred accessory packages.

Same here, 2011 with NAV and terrible SAT. Gotta agree with Don, every rental I have ever been in has had a clearer sound. Sounds like a mono feed coming out of old soup cans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)