Anyone else having Satellite Radio Quality Issues? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having Satellite Radio Quality Issues?

Rise&Demise do you have Nav? I do and our symptomns are the same. I'm going to call the rep back on Monday and see if anything can be done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I test drove a non-NAV car and played with the radio (Premium Audio Package) before I put down my deposit and XM sounded great... does the problem seem to be related to NAV only cars?

I have nav and Premium Audio Package. My XM is great and I am very pleased with the audio in XM, AM, FM, AND CD. Of course, you have to know that when I was growing up we had records and the record players had one speaker. lol
    Dennis
    2011 CT 200h Premium, Matador Red, Black Leather, Premium Audio, Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by CTSurfer View Post
    Rise&Demise do you have Nav? I do and our symptomns are the same. I'm going to call the rep back on Monday and see if anything can be done.
    No, I have premium audio without Nav. Let me know if you get it figured out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dkid View Post
    I have nav and Premium Audio Package. My XM is great and I am very pleased with the audio in XM, AM, FM, AND CD. Of course, you have to know that when I was growing up we had records and the record players had one speaker. lol
    When I was in high school in the late '50s and early '60s and you were king if you had a cool car, there was a short period of time before tape players hit the market that the coolest guys were those who had an RCA 45-rpm record player mounted under the dash (see pic). But they were a here-today-gone-tomorrow accessory because a brand new Elvis or Everly Brothers 45 was only good for a few plays before the stylus that was held in place by a magnet to keep it from skipping around on the record cut a groove within the groove that resulted in a small pile of black plastic filings. Next came 4-track tape players, followed by 8-track players, then cassettes, then CD players. When satellite radio with over 100 channels became available I was sure we had reached the ultimate in technology, but I was wrong. For me to now be able to listen to my iTunes library with thousands of songs wirelessly in my CT by pairing the Bluetooth connection with my iPod Touch has taken it to an even higher level. What could be next? Or has car audio technology now gone as far as it can go?
    Bill in Fremont, CA
    2011 CT200h Premium
    2009 Lexus ES350
    2006 Acura MDX
    2001 Honda Gold Wing

Bill, It never ends. There will be something new and I don't think it will be very long. I do remember the 45's, 4 track, 8 track and cassettes.

Dennis
    Dennis
    2011 CT 200h Premium, Matador Red, Black Leather, Premium Audio, Navigation

The next step will be cloud-based audio. Basically, you will wirelessly attach to an iTunes (or similar) account and play your music which will exist on the cloud rather than on any one storage device.
    Lexus ct200h -Fire Agate Pearl, Caramel Nuluxe, Premium Package w/Nav.

Called the XM Lexus Rep today but no answer. Will try again tomorrow. Coincidentally my best friend from HS is a very high end audio and home theatre technician and I gave home the whole scoop. He said that the XM rep is right on the money and it's a hardware issue with the CT's and my wife's Lexus NOT a software problem.

He explained that the satellite radio is a compressed audio signal that must be diffused properly. Unlike a/m or f/m or Bluetooth the satellite must have a properly tuned hardware component that can decompress the incoming signal. He said since the CT ( he was guessing but correct ) has a nicely tuned system amplifier, equalizer, ect the sound quality the satellite radio produces can be much more noticeable than say a regular radio with satellite radio. He urged me to make Lexus aware of it.

I'm going to call Lexus customer care tomorrow and let them know. I'll start another thread to get as many CT owners as I can on list then pass it on to Lexus. I'll keep everyone posted.

Nav/XM sound

I too am experiencing the same issue with my Nav/XM sound. The volume is extremely low and the quality is not as good as I had on my IS 350. Got a rude awakening first I switched from Xm back to FM. It blew me out of the car the FM was so loud.

Another issue I have is when using the BT for my iPhone to play music through, I get the same volume and quality issues as with the XM. Has anyone else had this issue?
    2011 CT200h Premium ...Tungston Silver... Black Leather... NAV... Premium (?) Audio ...Loaded with accessories ...20% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by SliderNKC View Post
    I too am experiencing the same issue with my Nav/XM sound. The volume is extremely low and the quality is not as good as I had on my IS 350. Got a rude awakening first I switched from Xm back to FM. It blew me out of the car the FM was so loud...................
    I thought mine was fine.... But I tried mine again tonight just to make sure and it is exactly like that also. FM crisp and twice the volume of SAT radio. What the heck gives here

CT200h - Premium Pkg, Tungsten Pearl, Black Leather, LED HL, NAV, PCS/Radar Cruise, Illuminated Door Sills

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)