CT ride quality??
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CT ride quality??

CT ride quality??

Current owners, how would you describe the ride? "Sporty" (i.e. you feel every bump in the road & it feels like you're bottoming out on potholes) or does it ride more like a traditional Lexus?

Reason I'm asking is that the CT looks very similar to the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe/Mazda 3, which all ride like a go kart over potholes. Hoping that the CT rides more like a car with some kind of suspension.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

it is definitely not typical "Lexus" (ie. absorbs everything), but not too sporty as say a Mazda3. in the spectrum between the two, i would say it is closer to the sporty-side but i think the Yamaha dampeners do absorb some of the road. one thing that was more impressive than i expected for a car this size was the noise reduction - you still hear some road noise but probably mostly from the wheels. i think that level of noise reduction makes the ride "feel" quieter than it probably is....i DEFINITELY feel potholes so i avoid when at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by atebit View Post
    Current owners, how would you describe the ride? "Sporty" (i.e. you feel every bump in the road & it feels like you're bottoming out on potholes) or does it ride more like a traditional Lexus?

Reason I'm asking is that the CT looks very similar to the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe/Mazda 3, which all ride like a go kart over potholes. Hoping that the CT rides more like a car with some kind of suspension.
    Responders should specify rim size - since it will make a difference as to how the ride feels. I believe certain markets have a 15" rim option. In the US we only get 17" rims.

My 2 cents about the CT. It may be badged a Lexus but having owned several BMW's and Audi's I wouldn't say it rides like a "luxury" car or is built like a luxury car. Rides firm and is relatively noisy compared with other premium brands. I think the CT is a prime example of you get what you pay for - a good economical car at a reasonable price but not a premium luxury car.

I've also noticed the gaps on the body panels are not all even and the interior trim is a little cheap in the areas not in plain sight.
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Its not a soft Lexus/Cadillac type ride at all, its more BMW/Mazda type ride IMO.

The body gaps are interesting. I think in order to keep the car light, they used different materials. If you notice, the hatch door and rear wraparound bumper is plastic, while the upper rear quarter panels are metal, which could account for some gap, especially in temperature extremes.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

The hood and rear hatch are made of a aluminum to keep the weight down. Dunno if this material would have an effect on body gaps
    | 2011 CT200h Obsidian | F-Sport Trident Wheels | LED Headlights | Navigation | Black Leather | Tint | Remote Start

There must be some sort of plastic over the rear hatch. I can't affix magnets to the rear hatch like I could in the RX.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_RN View Post
    There must be some sort of plastic over the rear hatch. I can't affix magnets to the rear hatch like I could in the RX.
    Darkride just said it was aluminum.. which isn't magnetic

About ride comfort: Got the 17" rims and must say as the above, its not a super smooth and quiet ride. The noise is a bit to high when comparing to other lexuses, but my toyota avensis was far more noisy than this is.

I like the comfort in the CT, it fits me like a glove, but you shouldnt expect a car where it feels like your driving a boat on the sea like many other lexuses.

The seats in the CT is absolutely great!

So its all up to the driver, go test it out at a local dealer and see if it fits your needs.

AHHHHHHHH. OMG. I am SUCH a n00b. Of course magnets don't stick to aluminum. WTF was I thinking...OH WAIT. I wasn't. LOL.

I stand corrected, maxa. --face plants--

The seats are definitely comfortable. Very supportive, actually.
    Matt

In my opinion, the ride is superlative! Relative to my ES330, it is sporty and lively. Far less road noise than a Prius with 17in wheels. Seat comfort is fabulous. Obviously I am a fan. One test drive and I was sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)