Installed Slim HID Kit (w/pics) - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed Slim HID Kit (w/pics)

Nice to hear there was no flickering/strobing going on. Also, no bulb out warnings requiring a resistor to disable? SWEET! Looks like I'll go with 4300k and try to be more uniform with the LED DRL. Great work there.

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

With my 4300k kit, there is almost no contrast difference with the LED DRL bar, it looks super clean and stock which is what I like

Quote Originally Posted by Feraz View Post
    With my 4300k kit, there is almost no contrast difference with the LED DRL bar, it looks super clean and stock which is what I like
    x2. that's the look I'll be going for -- says the guy who has yet to receive his car

Quote Originally Posted by lexceetee View Post
    Nice to hear there was no flickering/strobing going on. Also, no bulb out warnings requiring a resistor to disable? SWEET! Looks like I'll go with 4300k and try to be more uniform with the LED DRL. Great work there.
    No warning lights present, and works great with the Auto function. Also, the slim HID kit did NOT require a relay kit; it is 100% plug and play.

looks good, hybrid! You should install HID fogs too!

"HEY GURL", don't be scared to install these HIDs. You won't get pulled over as long as you use an OEM 4300k/5000k setup.
    "GOD CREATED YOU AS AN ORIGINAL MASTERPIECE. DO NOT LET YOUR LIFE END AS A COPY."

Which brand of HID and seller are people going with?
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by audi4t View Post
    Which brand of HID and seller are people going with?
    +1, please post links to the kits, eBay, stores, etc. It would be really helpful for people like myself who are looking for a HID retrofit.
    '11 CT200h (Smoky Granite Mica) - SAY HI IF YOU SEE ME!
    6000k HIDs- Yellow fogs - Tint - Sharkfin - Debadged - Black grille surround

Well you guys are really not safe with any aftermarket kit like I said before. I purchased a kit locally in the Montreal area made by a company called Bamboo. Just make sure when you buy, the kit has a good warranty on BULBS & BALLASTS, it's preferable to buy locally so if something does go wrong you wont need to ship anything out, just have it replaced right away. Considering out vehicules electrical system is very high tech you shouldn't need a relay to the battery to keep the current to the ballast stable. I've done test and the current is fairly stable with only minor shifts when the engine shuts off/on. I would only also advise to use any aftermarket kits at night, to preserve the life, since they are not of OEM quality. I know they look amazing, but using them at night will make them last longer almost always. Our Low beams are H11, and if I remember there are a few brands I've seen online but I don't have much experience since when I bought the HID on my first Nissan Altima it was also local. I have never purcahsed a kit online.......

In the end a HID kit is never the proper way to do things, but I do agree it is the fastest. The only rear way is to Retrofit OEM projectors (valeo,bosch, stanley, koito etc etc) with OEM ballast (matsu****a...etc.) and OEM bulbs. This however will take many many hours and is all custom work, however the end results is nothing short of spetacular.

I got the Phillips HID conversion kit that's German made I believe for 200 bucks
    (CAN-BUS) PHILIPS Xenon HID Conversion Kit H11 6000K | eBay

It's 6000k so it's slightly blu-ish but definitely not overly blue. It looks great and it illuminates well enough.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)