Installed Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlights
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlights

Installed Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlights

I just installed Phillips H11 CrystalVison Headlights. It was a quick replacement, light output is a bit whiter slightly brighter, I haven't driven the car at night yet so I can't comment on that.

I have been contemplating about getting HIDs but I remember how I hate when people put on ridiculous aftermarket HIDs or drive with highbeams on, I decided not to. However after installing these the limit or view line is fairly solid, I might try it anyway ...

Here's some pics!

Gas Sippers
    CT200h Fire Agate in Caramel
    Prius White in Gray
    Gas Gulpers
    4runner Anthracite 4x4
    RX330 Flint Mica - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2hunny View Post
    I have been contemplating about getting HIDs but I remember how I hate when people put on ridiculous aftermarket HIDs or drive with highbeams on, I decided not to. However after installing these the limit or view line is fairly solid, I might try it anyway ...
    As long as you have a headlight "projector" housings aftermarket HIDs should be fine. It is when people install HIDs on halogen non-projector housings that it becomes an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by thsiao View Post
    As long as you have a headlight "projector" housings aftermarket HIDs should be fine. It is when people install HIDs on halogen non-projector housings that it becomes an issue.
    Have you used any aftermarket HIDs? Any recommendations? I don't mind spending a bit more money for quality and longevity.
    Gas Sippers
    Prius White in Gray
    Gas Gulpers
    4runner Anthracite 4x4
    RX330 Flint Mica - SOLD

on the 2nd pic, is the left side with the philips bulbs and the right side is stock? hard to really tell in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by cenix View Post
    on the 2nd pic, is the left side with the philips bulbs and the right side is stock? hard to really tell in the pics.
    Yes, the lens on the left is the Philips. It's definitely whiter than stock. I can't shoot the fog light and headlights at the same time, it keeps creating a glare, the difference is definitely noticeable, but not as white as HIDs I've grown accustomed to.
    Gas Sippers
    Prius White in Gray
    Gas Gulpers
    4runner Anthracite 4x4
    RX330 Flint Mica - SOLD

...where did you procure the new lights?

I have installed DDM tuning's HID's in my Cobra and a few friends and family member's vehicles. As Thsiao mentioned, projector headlights are perfect for HIDs.

I can tell the difference. I changed mine too. One of my MTEC bulbs blew after two days. (after I paid $122 for dealer to change 6 bulbs) Grrrh.... I'm waiting for the replacement bulbs under warranty.

My goal is to have the headlights match as much as possible to the DRL's.
    DELIVERED 03/12/11: STARFIRE PEARL / BLK NULUXE / PREM AUDIO / 35% TINT / CLEAR BRA / WHITE INT LEDS / EXACT MATS / ILLUM SILL PLATES / GRAPHITE DASH TRIM
    REPLACED: 2008 INFINITI G37S COUPE/ 20" WHEELS/ TANABE SPRINGS (SOLD)

DELIVERED 03/31/11 HUBBY'S > SILVER / ECRU NULUXE / PREMIUM AUDIO (SOLD 2010 PRIUS IV) HIS & HERS CT'S!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Heygurl I am in the lighting business. MTEC sells pretty cheap and low quality lighting products. if I were you I'd invest either some Sylvania or Phillips bulbs IF you don't want to step up to HID's. I bought an HID set for $69 and might even switch out those bulbs with a Phillips or Sylvania product. GE or Venture may even make a H11 bulb.

What is really important no matter how good the bulb is its the ballast you should look closely at. The CT's power lines I'm guessing probably fluctuate a lot do to the battery and intricate electrical system. There may be periods of spikes and that could lead to multiple bulb blow outs. Having a good ballast to regulate power so the bulbs don't fry is key. This is one of the reasons I stayed away from ordering the factory upgraded LED head lamps.
    Last edited by CTSurfer; 04-16-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSurfer View Post
    Heygurl I am in the lighting business. MTEC sells pretty cheap and low quality lighting products. if I were you I'd invest either some Sylvania or Phillips bulbs IF you don't want to step up to HID's. I bought an HID set for $69 and might even switch out those bulbs with a Phillips or Sylvania product. GE or Venture may even make a H11 bulb.

What is really important no matter how good the bulb is its the ballast you should look closely at. The CT's power lines I'm guessing probably fluctuate a lot do to the battery and intricate electrical system. There may be periods of spikes and that could lead to multiple bulb blow outs. Having a good ballast to regulate power so the bulbs don't fry is key. This is one of the reasons I stayed away from ordering the factory upgraded LED head lamps.
    Thanks CTSurfer. I really appreciate that info. I certainly was not trying to order a low quality bulb. It's already a PIA. hehe I was just following the lead of another forum members. Maybe he will have better luck with MTEC. I like the color of Phillips CrystalVison in 2Hunny's pic. So I will definitely take your advice and do a little research between the ones you listed and get those. I defintely can no deal with them blowing out every month. hehe

Good look'in out... thanks much.

Last edited by Hey Gurl; 04-16-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    DELIVERED 03/12/11: STARFIRE PEARL / BLK NULUXE / PREM AUDIO / 35% TINT / CLEAR BRA / WHITE INT LEDS / EXACT MATS / ILLUM SILL PLATES / GRAPHITE DASH TRIM
    REPLACED: 2008 INFINITI G37S COUPE/ 20" WHEELS/ TANABE SPRINGS (SOLD)

DELIVERED 03/31/11 HUBBY'S > SILVER / ECRU NULUXE / PREMIUM AUDIO (SOLD 2010 PRIUS IV) HIS & HERS CT'S!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)