Cruise Control problem - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control problem

Fickle cruise control

Just purchased my CT 2 days ago. Love the car on all counts. On the way home, the cruise control would not engage. Driving over 40, pushing the cruise control button toward the streering wheel and pushing down the set button. Drove it again the following day to and from work and tried at least 30 times in each direction, including a full power down and restart of vehicle with no change. We've owned everything from Chevy, Ford, Lincoln to 3RX350s and had no issues setting the cruise control. Talked with the sales consultant who suggested that the car come in for service under warranty. We will try next week. Not a deal breaker, just inconvenient.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Just throwing something out there, do you have the PCS with the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control? I thought I had heard somewhere that if it is raining outside that this function will not work, but I wouldn't think it would affect your basic CC feature.

If not have they pulled the horn pad to see if you have a softset on the CC wire. A broken clock spring could also affect your CC (but it wouldn't function at all), but it would also affect all of your steering wheel controls as well as the horn. I have heard of the clock spring being stretched (not broken) while being installed which caused the sw audio controls not to function but everything functioned just fine.

Good Luck on solving the gremlin.

Quote Originally Posted by dgstan View Post
    Just curious:

Why do you see the need to ever use the "B" mode? Are you afraid that your brakes are going to overheat? Do you routinely travel down long, steep grades?

I've had a Prius for years and never once used "B" mode and that includes numerous trips over the Grapevine and Cajon pass. I would much rather take advantage of the car's regenerative braking than use the engine to slow the car down.
    Doesnt braking with the 'B' mode charge the battery?

I too am having trouble with my cruise control engaging and am wondering if that under 6 miles (my work commute) all the hybrid componants are not up to temperature to where it wont engage. Just beginning to investigate this...

I've had this problem too, but it was because I had it in B mode, and forgot to change it back. B mode charges the battery more, it's not engine braking, it just simulates what that does.

From the manual:

Regenerative braking
    In the following situations, kinetic energy is converted to electric energy and decel-eration force can be obtained in conjunction with the recharging of the hybrid bat-tery (traction battery).
    The accelerator pedal is released while driving with the shift position in D or B.
    The brake pedal is depressed while driving with the shift position in D or B.

When braking (regenerative braking)
    The electric motor (traction motor) charges the hybrid battery(traction battery).

Last edited by Portishead; 12-29-2011 at 02:05 PM.

I guess it depends on if one considers the hybrid drive as a unit to be the 'engine" or just the internal combustion side. Whatever one calls it, I like the way decel-eration force slows me down 'and' charges the batteries (speeds me up). I always used to try and avoid braking, it being a negative function and all. Now I dig it. well, as long as I am regenerating as much juice from it as I can I.E. braking in time and smoothly. Anyway, the cruise worked fine last night and will check to see what drive mode I am in (D or B). Thanks!

I don't think I have ever had the car in "B" mode. No hills to speak of.

dont leave tje car in b mode. thats meant as a tool to simulate engine braking down a hill. it does not neccessarily use regenerative braking in b mode . regen braking occurs for sure if u hit the brakes tho. so domt ise b mode unless you are going down a hill and dont want for whatever reason to modulate ur speed w the brake pedal. the brake pedal is the best means of regen braking.
    Driver of the #23 TEAM LEXUS IS300 RACECAR
    '11 CT200h Starfire Pearl on black, Technology pkg, Volk Racing TE37 in Magnesium Blue, F-Sport Sways, F-Sport Springs, Lexus illuminated scuff plates
    Other daily drivers: '08 Prius Touring

Quote Originally Posted by bmoy88 View Post
    Mine's broken as well! Every time I try and engage the CC, some liquid squirts onto the windshield.

I'm just not used to all the controls on the steering wheel/column. The DISP, radio stations, volume, automatic wipers, CC... I don't even want to think about the bluetooth!

I'm too old for all this new technology!
    Awesome. I can't seem to figure out what direction to turn the knob to engage the wipers without squirting washer fluid. I'll learn eventually, I hope.
    2011 CT200h | Matador Red Mica

Blog Entries
    I have had my CT2ooH for 9 months, I have had a problem with the cruise control sometimes working and sometimes not working it has been back to dealer on 4 occassions with no fault found, I discovered that if the engine braking lever was used this would cancel the cruise control (as with normal braking) but it would not allow the cruise control to be set again, the only way to reset it is to stop and turn off all power then restart. I have pointed this out to he dealer who have contacted Lexus to find out if it is a safety feature or a fault. Meanwhile as I use the cruise control regular I don't use the engine braking system and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Further update:- After further investigating I have discovered that when the engine braking system is used the cruise control can be reset by moving the shift lever back to drive position, this tells the ECU Unit that normal driving has resumed also the blue background dashboard light returns to indicate this. I have searched through the Owners manual but there is no mention of this.
    Last edited by Danny McArdle; 02-10-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny McArdle View Post
    I have had my CT2ooH for 9 months, I have had a problem with the cruise control sometimes working and sometimes not working it has been back to dealer on 4 occassions with no fault found, I discovered that if the engine braking lever was used this would cancel the cruise control (as with normal braking) but it would not allow the cruise control to be set again, the only way to reset it is to stop and turn off all power then restart. I have pointed this out to he dealer who have contacted Lexus to find out if it is a safety feature or a fault. Meanwhile as I use the cruise control regular I don't use the engine braking system and it works fine. Hope this helps.
    Danny, this Sunday I went and visited a friend that takes me over the mountains and I always use the "B" a lot. Once at the bottom I use the cruise in a few areas and then finally when I get to the interstate I engage the CC again. I never had to stop the vehicle after engaging using B mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)