Car won't start AGAIN
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car won't start AGAIN

Car won't start AGAIN

Hi , new here and at my witts end 😣 I bought a used 2014 ct200h in 2016 , Christmas day of 2018 the car just basically spit out all the oil and died. I have changed the engine 2x and then the car stopped working again and I was told I needed a new transmission , car died again then was told i needed a new battery so got both , now the Hybrid battery light is on , took it back to the dealer paid for 3 diffrent inspections because they couldn't find anything wrong with car , then they found the AC compressor was bad. They called me up said "hey the car is working again " they didn't fix anything or change anything out it just started working again ....so after 3 levels of diagnostic test totaling 1,200$ I picked up my car with out fixing the AC compressor , and now a week later the car won't turn on AGAIN😣😣

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm not sure where you got that car but something is seriously wrong with it. In comparison, I have a 2011 with 96K miles and the only thing I have ever had fixed as the latch on my center console. Honestly, that's it. You will find similar experiences on here to mine, I would get rid of that car ASAP and not spend one more dime on it.

My 2011 blew the engine at like 110,000 miles. Threw a rod. I really think these engines start burning oil after years of starting and stopping so much. The CT200h is the first car ever that now I have to check the oil level regularly on just in case. Now it is possible my failure may have been the last oil change shop I used. Maybe they used the wrong oil or under-filled it.
    I got an LKQ engine with 60,000 miles with a warranty and has been working great for the last year. No problems yet. Also, my insurance paid for it and they did not even raise my rates.

With the way the transmission is made, I really dont see how it would fail. The cars software also prevents you from doing a maneuver that would kill the transmission. Like changing from forward and reverse while the car is still moving.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It's not just you, mine is in excellent shape but uses oil excessively. I found a technical service bulletin about excessive oil use in these engines telling the dealer to change the rings iirc. Haven't taken mine in as I'd rather add oil than add the risk that comes with engine disassembly/reassembly

Quote Originally Posted by r81984 View Post
    My 2011 blew the engine at like 110,000 miles. Threw a rod. I really think these engines start burning oil after years of starting and stopping so much. The CT200h is the first car ever that now I have to check the oil level regularly on just in case. Now it is possible my failure may have been the last oil change shop I used. Maybe they used the wrong oil or under-filled it.
    I got an LKQ engine with 60,000 miles with a warranty and has been working great for the last year. No problems yet. Also, my insurance paid for it and they did not even raise my rates.

With the way the transmission is made, I really dont see how it would fail. The cars software also prevents you from doing a maneuver that would kill the transmission. Like changing from forward and reverse while the car is still moving.

Same here, mine runs great, just uses oil (2012 with 110,000 miles). I accused the dealer of not changing the oil, then he pointed me to the service bulletin. I am going to do the oil consumption test with the dealer and see what Lexus will do for me. On other posts I saw reference to extended warrantee for 150,000. Not sure if that is true for my car or area. Go to the dealer, you might get a repair.

Wow, good to know this so I can keep an eye out for it. So far my car doesn't use any oil at all! Keeping my fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)