CT200h Fuel Guage Problems
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CT200h Fuel Guage Problems

CT200h Fuel Guage Problems

wanted to get feedback from other CT owners out there, on fuel guage problems. I've had problems with known issues on CTs where the fuel guage does not register fuel levels properly after refueling. It was done under a service bulletin as a known issue to look out for. Since the replacement of a sensor unit inside the tank, it has done it one more time after about 8K miles.

so some symptoms to look for out :

1. fuel guage inside dash drops quickly and does not correspond to the miles driven and in relation to the mileage, it drops rather quickly,(so even if it shows 1/4 tank used up, you may have more fuel in the actual tank.)
    2. fuel guage will not move after filling up tank, and it doesn't have to be close to empty. It would show 1/8 tank left, but after filling $20 or $25 it will remain 1/8, and only move up very very slowly.

I've taken the car back to Lexus, and they have not been very open about the issue this time...... curious.

I've seen others having issues with the accuracy of the guage but not with guage not moving after refueling. thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I had the same problem with my last car but it took 10 years before it started. Changing the file module solved the problem. Not sure if its the same source for your problem but the fix should be covered under you warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

my suggestion. learn your average mileage of the car. the fuel gauge will just your reference
    2012 Ct200h edition.
    Black Paint with Work's Emotion XC-8 17" rims
    Average km/l: 19
    Notto Xenon lamps 5000K (Dead.)
    Philips Original 4200K 35W (I'm Back)
    Green is sexy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    my suggestion. learn your average mileage of the car. the fuel gauge will just your reference

Yeah jennypenny, I just check the cruising range.

Yesterday I drove an extra 50 miles beyond my cruising range after it reached zero and filled up with a little over 9 gallons. It's a 12 gallon tank, so there's quite a reserve there. I don't panic when it gets to zero like I did with previous cars. I do wish it were adjustable however to show zero miles when you have only 1 gallon left in the tank instead of 3.
    2011 Starfire Pearl, Caramel NuLuxe with NAV and a dual band Kenwood Amateur Radio transceiver operating as radio station N5PRE in Aiken, South Carolina, USA

I drive 100-120 miles after the gas light goes on for every tank.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Try unplugging the negative ground about 5mins and then reconnect. Will result in a more accurate range estimate.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

I have 120 miles on my 2012 CT and the fuel gauge shows just one bar over the 1/2 mark. Range shows 300 miles. Average mpg shows 34mpg. Fuel gauge appears inaccurate. I will ask service department to take a look at the fuel gauge.
    2012 CT200h w/NAV
    2004 GMC Envoy XUV
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - race car

Quote Originally Posted by kt2010 View Post
    Try unplugging the negative ground about 5mins and then reconnect. Will result in a more accurate range estimate.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Is this after the full tank or what? I've noticed the same issue. At 0 miles, i've got 3 gallons in the tank. I usually drive about 100+ miles after the Empty light comes up.

I think it is pretty well documented that, for whatever reason (or for no reason at all), the fuel gauges in our cars read empty when they have quite a bit of fuel in the tank. I have had several cars over the years that had goofy reading gas gauges. I never considered that a defect. It is just the way that particular car is. Good luck getting someone from Lexus to consider that a defect and fixing it. Let us know if they do, then we can all decide whether to complain, but it has not caused me much aggravation (if any).

As long as you know the foibles of your gas gauge, what is the harm?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)