CT200h Fuel Guage Problems - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CT200h Fuel Guage Problems

I just happen to reset the average mileage due to installing a cruise control lever.

I am getting more mileage now possibly with more use of the cruise control. 4.8L/100km When I pump at E, its about 36 litres to full tank. The Ct has a fuel capacity of 45 litres so its probably 9 litres of reserve = 3 gallons.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Should we start a petition for Lexus (toyota) to fix this issue or atleast address it?? The MPH read is off by 2MPH as well (GPS-Verified).

Quote Originally Posted by kt2010 View Post
    I just happen to reset the average mileage due to installing a cruise control lever.
    I am getting more mileage now possibly with more use of the cruise control. 4.8L/100km...
    I don't use cruise control, drive normally (not like a hoon) and I still average 4.6 - 4.7 L/100km.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I may be way off base here, but I thought that it would be very difficult to "predict" your miles to empty in a hybrid due to the fact that you could drive for miles on the batteries alone (in the proper conditions). I'm sure that Lexus has to go with the lesser of the two (all fuel driven miles versus fuel/battery driven miles) to calculate the distance to empty, otherwise you'd be out of gas on the side of the road and complaining about that.

IMHO, this is not really an issue. I fill up at one quarter of fuel in the tank - it is much better for the fuel pump and I'm not worried about finding a gas station before I run out.

Dont know whats the correct driving style but if I drove the CT like how I drove my xc90 and forester xt was getting only about 6.25L/100km

Changed my driving style to gradual slow acceleration keeping the eco needle above charging and in the eco zone.

Is real slow and sometimes getting flashed try to keep in slow lane in the company of trucks & lorries. Only way I can achieve 4.6 to 4.8 L/100km

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by kt2010 View Post
    Dont know whats the correct driving style but if I drove the CT like how I drove my xc90 and forester xt was getting only about 6.25L/100km

Changed my driving style to gradual slow acceleration keeping the eco needle above charging and in the eco zone.

Is real slow and sometimes getting flashed try to keep in slow lane in the company of trucks & lorries. Only way I can achieve 4.6 to 4.8 L/100km

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    It is easier when you have it in eco mode to accelerate a bit quicker than normal to where it is midway in the power section on the dash. Then slowly bring it back down.

Feathering the throttle when accelerating helps but it takes a bit getting used to.

average mileage of the car. the fuel gauge will just your reference

I'm having similar problems with this. I was just over half full on the gauge and it only took 11 litres to brim it full. That must be a fault?
    Sorry for thread resurrection.
    I'm new to a ct and if anyone else finds there's the same please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my fuelly records you can see that in the note I put on each fuel up, I list what the car reads for Trip mileage, plus avg MPG and avg speed. I used to calculate the difference from actual but I just do it manually now instead of figuring it out and writing it for each fuel up. The average seems to be 2.5 mpg difference. I usually use 3 to be safe, which means that if your car shows 45 mpg, you subtract 3 and get 42, then multiply that by 11.9 gallons and you get a total range of 499.8 or 500 miles.

The car should show empty before you reach 400 miles. I routinely see 150 miles after the range reads "---" or "0" depending on which screen you look at. Keep in mind this is with an average of 48 to 50 real MPG. It may be less if you get less MPG.

I did run out of gas once on the highway doing 60 mph because I miscalculated this, and will post separately about that as a reference in case it happens to anyone.

Thanks that's interesting to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)