Cupholder rattle solution
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cupholder rattle solution

Cupholder rattle solution

kalo925 reported an issue with a rattle in the cupholders. Here is the video he recorded showing the problem.

Roger's CT: Cup Holder Review... Design Flaw?

his suggestion was adding a piece of foam to the bottom of the cupholders. I tried this out and have driven around with cups & bottles in place. So far, so good. It seems like the foam absorbs the vibration and solved the problem.

also, the foam is 1/2" thick which raises the cup that much higher giving more "grip" room for shorter cups.

I have enough foam to cut around 20 more sets. If you are interested in a set email me at jeffpleas at gmail dot com. Pay only $3 to cover the cost of shipping.

The foam is waterproof and fits tight enough to prevent fluid from getting under the foam.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cupholder rattle solution-photo-2.jpg   Cupholder rattle solution-photo-1.jpg  
    Last edited by jeffp; 11-23-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    2012 Starfire Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Great idea! I too hate the rattle in the cupholders due to the poor design. I keep a Kleen Kanteen in my car with water at all times & that thing rattled like crazy. So I picked up one of these for the bottle....problem solved!
    L.L.Bean - Bean Canteen Cozy customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

I never drink soda in the car, so cans are not a problem and my coffee mug doesn't rattle either.

'11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

The main problem is that the CT200 is too quiet and you here the rattles. Took me a while to find that one rattle was my little box of gum in the door, another was the safety ring from the bottle top on a bottle of Sprite; that one took a while to find as it only occurred when I had an opened bottle of Sprite in the cup holder. I Never noticed either rattle in my old car, a diesel powered Citroen C8 (in the US you would call it a van)
    CT200h SE-L Premier in Velvet Black with black leather and lateral damping

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

This fits in the category of "Gee, why didn't I think of that..."

I followed your suggestion. Works great...simple, effective, cheap.

Thanks mate.

Looks good Jeff. Just the type of foam I was thinking. I didn't get to doing it yet, but still annoys me often. If you send them are they cut? I will likely buy some from you to save the trouble and let you get rid of your extra material. Will send you an email..

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

Why is something like this not included in a US Lexus but available in the JDM? And $30 for a piece of "carpet"?

LEXUS CT200h 2PCS CONSOLE BOX CARPET JDM CT HYBRID 2011 2012 2013 TOYOTA GENUINE | eBay
    '11 CT200h - Matador Red Mica Premium, Caramel NuLuxe, Premium Audio, Door Sills, Accy Pkg, Bamboo trim, Trident wheels, Padded armrest

Quote Originally Posted by marke5860 View Post
    Why is something like this not included in a US Lexus but available in the JDM? And $30 for a piece of "carpet"?

LEXUS CT200h 2PCS CONSOLE BOX CARPET JDM CT HYBRID 2011 2012 2013 TOYOTA GENUINE | eBay
    Obviously because there are people dumb enough to pay it.

I keep a cleaning/dusting cloth in the cup holder which works a treat to stop cans rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by marke5860 View Post

This was a good find. Very annoying to see it is made for the Japan market and not included in the US market. Maybe they will be in the 2013 year CT.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

What is the diameter of the cuts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)