12V terminal in fuse box
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12V terminal in fuse box

12V terminal in fuse box

Dear all,

I failed my first attempt to install the HID kit today as i couldn't local the 12V terminal for the relay harness. I saw a post before I need to pop open something near the bottom of the fuse box. I found a black cap near the bottom left of the fuse box but couldn't put it. Is this where the 12V terminal is? If so, can some guy me to open the cap?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I would very much appreciate if someone wrote a small description and added pictures on how to get 12V from the fuse box and upto the top of the dashboard.

Don't want to experiment to much with my new car and setting of all the airbags at the same time

Yes, still have problem locating the 12V post inside the fuse box. I see the 12v terminal for jump starting the car, but read there should be another 12V post for better usage on hooking up the reply harness for HID kit.

Appreciate any help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

You don't need the relay harness for this car. Don't worry about trying to pull 12v directly from the battery.

Thanks. I went to look for it again after posting and finally found it under the Black trapezoid looking cover. Used two small flat head screw driver to unlock the two clips to open it. Hooked everything up including the relay harness, the HID KIT works like a charm.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Here'e a pic of where you can fine 12 v in the fuse box

Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by TAZII View Post
    You don't need the relay harness for this car. Don't worry about trying to pull 12v directly from the battery.
    If you read all the posts related to HID install we still haven't resolved the misfiring problem for installs without the relay harness.

And we still haven't confirmed installing the harness fixes the misfire problem.
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Many thanks audi4t for getting back to me on this. I found a 12V post under black cover. I drew what the post looks like in the pix below:

Quote Originally Posted by thomasnsx View Post
    Thanks. I went to look for it again after posting and finally found it under the Black trapezoid looking cover. Used two small flat head screw driver to unlock the two clips to open it. Hooked everything up including the relay harness, the HID KIT works like a charm.

Thanks for the feedbacks.
    can u post some pix how u plug the relay harness? and how u run the wire so it looks clean in ur engine bay
    White/caramel, premium package, nav, ceramic tint all around the car 5% rear and sunroof, 70% front windows and windshield, LED Interior Lighting, philips hid 4200k headlights, hid 3500k fog lights, shark fin antenna, wrapped roof, pillars and upper grille surround, smoked side mirror signal lights, Illuminated door sills, hardwired valentine 1

Sure, i'll post some picture tonight.

Last edited by thomasnsx; 09-13-2011 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)