Plug-N-Play aftermarket touchscreen head unit w/ nav
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plug-N-Play aftermarket touchscreen head unit w/ nav

Plug-N-Play aftermarket touchscreen head unit w/ nav

I've been loving all the quality info on this forum which has really come in handy during the recent audio upgrades to my girlfriends CT (I thank you all sincerely for that!). The only component I haven't replaced is the factory head unit simply due to cosmetic reasons, but it's seriously holding this system back from shining. I've searched on here quite a bit and I haven't seen anyone post a true plug-n-play head unit (please forgive me if I've missed something). I pretty much stumbled upon this one day and just joined this forum to share it with everyone.

Lexus CT200H Aftermarket Navigation Head Unit : Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo, Android Navigation DVD Player, Car Navigation Head Unit

I hope that link works or maybe you can copy and paste into your browser, but this is a true replacement aftermarket head unit for the CT200h with all the goodies I.E. preamp outputs, touchscreen, nav, back-up camera...etc etc etc. I have no info on the company who makes it nor do I know anyone or have ever seen anyone use it, but it gets me a little excited. The only reason I haven't just said eff it and take the plunge is the hefty price tag. Seems like a pretty sweet unit and even states that the factory SWC are still usable without any adapters.

Has anyone ever seen one of these in use?

I hope this helps one of you audiophiles out there!!

Just an FYI, I'm currently running the factory base head unit, JBL GX series in the doors, Pioneer shallow mount 10" sub in a custom sealed enclosure in the spare tire well, Clarion EQ, and a Soundstream 5-channel amp.

After wrestling with it for a few days and finally figuring out that the factory HU starts clipping above 35, I've been fine tuning it and it's loud and clear. Hopefully I'll get it nailed down in the next few days.

Thanks again for all the awesome detailed info that everyone provides. I've done quite a bit of research on this and have been around the block a few times so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I saw this same thing and wondered if anyone here had any experience with it. The price is awfully high for an unknown.

Polish how is that head unit working out for you? Did you get it? If so let us know how you like it.

I just bought a CT and I'm really unhappy with the stock head unit, looks retarded.

I did not get that HU. I stayed with the factory unit to save a few bucks for now.

I own one of those radios. I recently bought one too becasue I was looking for a navigation soluition. It seems to run fine, but I wanted a radio that had a better looking OS. I'm actually going to sell it on eBay. It's brand new.

This seems to be the same unit that I just found searching around on Google: http://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/tag/lexus-ct-200h/ Seems good and the price is pretty reasonable $330. But the company is no name. There is one thing that makes this look really sketchy, they offer a discount for Western Union! That's typically scam material... Any updates? I'm tempted to try it, the stock stereo is such a joke, even compared to the cheapest Kia out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by leonar40 View Post
    This seems to be the same unit that I just found searching around on Google: http://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/tag/lexus-ct-200h/ Seems good and the price is pretty reasonable $330. But the company is no name. There is one thing that makes this look really sketchy, they offer a discount for Western Union! That's typically scam material... Any updates? I'm tempted to try it, the stock stereo is such a joke, even compared to the cheapest Kia out there today.
    I also hated the stock stereo, finally I purchased one from dvdgpsnav(https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/lexus...et-navigation/) and installed the 7" android radio a few months ago, so far so good. I noticed it's upgraded with android 8.0 system now, i will ask them to see if mine can be upgraded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)