Audio system upgrade from OEM Premium stereo
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio system upgrade from OEM Premium stereo

Smile Audio system upgrade from OEM Premium stereo

I've read through all of the listings under the Audio forum and although very informative, I could not find the answer I was looking for so here goes a new thread.

I am looking to upgrade everything but the Factory head unit on my 2013 CT with premium sound.
    I will be installing the following:

Audio Control LC7i
    Audio Control EQX
    JL Audio HD900/5
    Focal 165KRX 2-way
    Alpine Coaxials 6.5
    2 JL 10" subs in custom box

I've been told stock amp is under the passenger seat. How many speaker level outputs are coming off the amp? I need to sum the signals through the LC7i so I want to make sure I properly capture all frequencies. I read the front L and R are made up of 4 channels and the tweeter on the pillar shares the frequencies with the dash speakers. The mid bass on the doors are the other two L and R channels.
    The rear door have their own 2 channels producing full range (although quite weak and essentially useless). The sub also has its own channel fully crossed over. I won't be replacing the center channel but I do want to make sure it still works for phone calls, etc. This creates the 10 speaker system but how many channels is the amp truly sending out. My guess is the 6 speakers up front require 4 channels and so does the sub. But I was thinking the two rear speakers and center channel come off the head unit directly and that is why they are weaker in sound therefore the factory premium amp is basically a 4 channel amp? Can anyone confirm this?

Secondly, has anyone summed the OEM signals of the factory amp? I hear that's where the summing is to take place (after the amp) and if so, will my LC7i (6 channel line in) be sufficient to sum all signals. If my theory is correct, I should be fine because I only need 5 line in's.
    But before I start ripping things out, I'd like to hear from someone with experience. A wiring diagram of the premium system (specific to the CT) would be greatly appreciated. Any insight on removal of panels, seats, etc. would also be welcomed.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

download the CT service manual (via bittorrent sharing sites). it has a wiring diagram and instructions on how to get into the the panels and amp under the seats

2013 CT200h - premium package - Silver

Thanks , I'll see if I can locate. I heard to stay away from pirate bay....
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill2000 View Post
    Thanks , I'll see if I can locate. I heard to stay away from pirate bay....
    Any suggestions?
    like it or not, thats where people (myself included) got the service manuals. but my download has no virus; just scanned with malwarebytes and nothing is detected

I went on the site and found one file from a sponsor called " save the planet". Containing 238kb.
    Was that the file you downloaded?
    Thanks

its not that hard to find is it?

xxx/torrent/7082041/Lexus_CT200h_Service_Manual

replace xxx with the following - https : // thepiratebay . se/

Beware of that download. My antivirus flagged it as a vertical search installer.

I got my service manual from Pirate bay without any problems and it is a god send. Has everything you will need down to torque settings and any Lexus specific tools. And it runs through any browser. But mine was 908 Mb.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)