Audio quality problems when using bluetooth to make calls
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

Thread: Audio quality problems when using bluetooth to make calls

Audio quality problems when using bluetooth to make calls

Hi everyone,

I can usually hear the person talking okay, but the person on the other line cannot hear me very well at all. Everyone complains about static noises when I speak, and sometimes my voice sounds garbled at the end of my sentences. I've already try adjusting the transmit volume and had someone on the other line tell me if my voice sound quality gets any better with each adjustment, but really there is not much help with the sound quality issue.

In my Mercedes I could talk on the phone using bluetooth without any issues, and often the person has no idea I'm even using the car's bluetooth. On my Lexus CT200h, it's terrible!

Maybe it's a problem with the mic? I'm not sure what else to do and I may end up taking the car back to the dealership and have them take a look.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Just so everyone knows, i'm on an iPhone 5S, OS 7.1. I have Verizon.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

The Lexus speakers are a lot lower quality than the ones you had in your Mercedes or your iPhone.
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Yes, I have the same problem, CT 200H on blue tooth with apple 6. Basically I cannot be heard using the cars mic. I can hear the incoming caller perfectly so this has to be a mic issue and the only thing that comes to mind is a poor mic quality, none noise cancelling etc. I fully intend to put this back in the hands of the dealer and lexus as it is not what i expect from such a marque.

I have no issues with my CT on iphone 6. However I do have the audio upgrade so maybe that's why =\

I have the same exact problem. I have been resort to using the speaker on my iPhone 6 which is a pain. I do agree that the mic is likely the issue. I asked my local Lexus dealership and was told that if the fan is pointed at the speaker's face, this could produce voice distortions. Therefore, you should point the vents away from the speaker. This sound sort of fishy to me. The mic is located in the top console near the light switch. I think it is basically a crappy mic that they installed. which is surprising since you'd think that Lexus us better than that.

In both my Lexus and a previous Prius C, whenever someone tells me they can't hear me well, I would turn down the climate control fan or turn it off completely, and that would always take of the problem.

I should also note that my vents are always pointed all the way up. Maybe that really is the issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)