Will these speakers work for my CT?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will these speakers work for my CT?

Will these speakers work for my CT?

I hate the stock base speakers in the car right now, I need more accurate sounding speakers. I went to the place that installed my Acura's speakers and fell in love with these:

HERTZ - Special Car Stereo

Will these install by themselves (professionally) for use through the stock head unit with no need for any extra components? My CT is the base non-navi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Yes and no. The tweeters could be mounted in the dash, but it is not a drop in replacement, you would have to fabricate some kind of adapter. The dash speaker size is 3.5 in. The woofer you showed is 6.5 in. That is the same size as the rear door speakers, but not the correct size for the front door (which is 6x9). However, lots of places make 6x9 to 6.5 in speaker adapters, so you could use one of those. If you were to do that you wouldn't need the built-in cross over that comes with this component set. You would install them as two separate sets of speakers. Keep in mind that the OEM head unit doesn't put out a lot of power, so yes it will work, but no you will not be getting anywhere near what these speakers are actually capable of.

My speaker place will make some adapters for the size. What will happen if I keep the stock head unit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I have Hertz speakers. see the write-up I did https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...ml#post1651723. I replaced the three front dash speakers, the tweeters, and the front door speakers and added amplification. I understand you don't have the premium sound so you don't have tweeters or subwoofer. I also did not replace the head unit. My sound is better, but AM/FM/XM is still somewhat muddled and sub-par to almost any other car audio available. Lexus really when the cheap rout on the CT200h: cheap speakers and cheap head unit, Panasonic.

You did‘t mention adding amplification, you might consider that. Even with new speakers the OEM head unit puts out very low signal level
    The AUX/USB will show very good improvement by changing the speakers. Also the CD sound will be better.

If you get co-axial or tri-axial Hertz speakers you can compensate for the high frequencies and the bass frequencies. The premium subwoofer, in fact adds very little. A true audiophile doesn’t rely on a loud vibrating subwoofer to mask the inadequacies of the other frequencies by shaking the car as well as your body.

Good Luck,
    Midcow3
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
    I need more accurate sounding speakers.

Will these install by themselves (professionally) for use through the stock head unit with no need for any extra components? My CT is the base non-navi.
    Replacing the speakers will help the sound but they are only as good as the signal they get. The headunit is horrible, FM and SAT leave so much to be desired. At least the CD and iPod are ok. I hope one day we'll have a kit to replace the radio...I'm trying to push that issue.

I would recommend an amplifier if replacing the speakers. The extra power will be welcomed by the speakers and make them sound better. Add a sub if you desire to round out the sound but only if you are ok with taking up some space in the hatch.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

So FM and Satellite receive poor quality sound from the stations because of the low end head unit? That wouldn't bother me much honestly, I use iPod and BT pretty much any time I'm in the car alone. FM or SAT when family doesn't want to listen to my music, haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now