Subwoofer wiring
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subwoofer wiring

Question Subwoofer wiring

I am trying to fit in a new subwoofer + amp replacing the stock subwoofer of the 10 speaker premium audio. As I am using a high level input on the amp, I will use the wiring black/white wire combination of the stock subwoofer to feed the amp. Only I cannot figure out which of the black and white wires is + and which is -. I asked the dealer, they suggested white is + but were not too sure. Eventually they were kind enough to supply me with the wiring diagrams for the audio part, that shows a speaker enclusure which is supposibly the subwoofer box, only the wire colors are something like puple and yellow, not black and white.

I know there is a trick to figure out which is + and - to just put a 1,5 volt battery on the speaker, when the conus comes out you have connected it the right way. Only I cannot see the woofer from behind the speaker protection, nor can I seem how I can remove the protection without breaking stuff. Is ther someone who knows which is + and which is -? I saw fictures of fully removed subwoofer enclosures, maybe someone who can test the battery thing for me?

Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

If no ones gets back to you by the time I get home this evening I'll look it up for you in the Lexus service manual.

it sounds like you have the speaker wire coming right out of the speaker box itself, so diagrams will not show those wires. I would agree with the dealership that White would be the positive side.
    If you remove the speaker box then you should find the Yellow and Violet wires the diagrams show.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

Agreed. I just checked my copy of the Lexus service manual and it shows:

WF1+ : Purple
    WF2+ : Yellow

That's a little confusing in itself as it doesn't show "positive and negative" like it does with the other speakers. I just thought of something, do you have a phase switch on your new amp? A lot of amps do now days. If so, then it doesn't matter which way you wire it. Wire it up one way, and then flip the switch and see which way plays louder. It should be pretty obvious which is the correct polarity just based on the sound.

Thanks for the replies! As of now I can confirm that white is in fact positive (+) and black minus (-). I couldn't see the stock woofer, but I could reach it with my hand and feel the movement of the conus. So I attached - to black and + to white of a 1,5v battery and I felt the conus coming out, so that is as expected.

Ok, new problem has rizen. Like 50% of the music I play, the sub performs really well, picks up nice and strong. But for the other half I noticed the sub gets barely no signal. For what I suspect it has something to do with the feed that was sent to the sub. That signal comes from the stock amp (10 speaker system), is already filtered for the lower prequenties as far as I can tell and I think the stock amp leaves out the signal to the sub for certain songs or music. What I actuallly need is a raw full range signal sent to my newly added amp and filter that signal there. So what I am hoping is that the stock rear speakers get the full range signal so I can tap it there in stead of the subwoofer signal I now use.

Can someone maybe confirm my suspicion? And I was told that the stock amp should be under the passenger seat, I couldn't find it there. I have the 2013 model and I know that there have been some modifications to the head unit this year, so maybe also to the location of the amp?

Before we go farther, did you double check the aftermarket amp settings to make sure that the crossover isn't set too low?

If that isn't the case and the amp is set properly then I'm thinking that you might have a better chance for a full range signal from the front door speakers. Being that they are large I doubt that Toyota crossed them over but you never know. The drivers door speaker wire colors are Red for (+) and White for (-). the passenger side is Green for (+) and Brown for (-). it still shows the amp under the passenger side seat.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

If you can't find the amp and need to tap into the speaker wires at the head unit, here's my write-up on how to do it. Works well, but it is several hours of work. This is to tap the rear speaker wires BTW.

https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lex...tallation.html

Yes, I am sure the crossover is set right, around 95Hz. I have found the amp under the passenger chair, but it's impossible to reach it without removing the chair. How do I remove the chair and is this safe with the airbag that has to be disconnected?

I got my hands on a service and repair manual, removing the seat should be fairely easy now. I'll be working on that today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)